Office of Senator Lief: Re-Election 2009! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:15:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Senator Lief: Re-Election 2009! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Office of Senator Lief: Re-Election 2009!  (Read 1343 times)
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« on: January 05, 2009, 01:43:04 AM »
« edited: April 13, 2009, 10:54:39 PM by Senator Lief »

Complain/praise/suggest here.

Thanks.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2009, 11:35:10 PM »

Press Release

Nyman, 24 February 2009

Today, Senator Lief introduced the Authorization for Use of Military Force in Canada Resolution of 2009, following the rapid deterioration of order in Canada, as well as the shocking news of the on-going genocide in Quebec. The text of the bill can be found here.

The Senator introduced this bill with the hopes that it be put to debate as soon as possible, as every day wasted means thousands of additional deaths. The bill will give the President the ability to send Atlasian troops into Canada, to protect innocent civilians from the Harperist death squads, if the Canadian government does not immediately stand down and withdraw from Quebec.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2009, 10:53:44 PM »

This office will also serve as my re-election campaign office.

plz endorse/ aks questions below

thx
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2009, 12:47:21 AM »

As we wait for people to do their math, I'd like to regale you with the words of a very wise man, who is unfortunately no longer with us:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Ol' Dirty Bastard, RIP

Don't despair friends; we'll pull through. Let's win this one for ODB.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2009, 01:38:05 AM »

Well, I guess I lost by a fraction of a vote. That kind of sucks. However, I'm proud of a few things. First, I'm proud that this election generated so much enthusiasm. This was truly one of the more exciting and active elections in quite some time, and should put to rest the fears of many (including myself) that Atlasia is in some sort of irreversible decline. No matter the type of government we adopt in the constitutional convention, whether we eliminate regions or not, whether we switch to a universal or a parliamentarian system, I think that this election makes it clear that the basic foundations of the game, people getting excited about and voting in elections, is still intact.

Second, I'm proud of the job I did in the past Senate. I'm happy that I got to work with some very intelligent and dedicated people to craft a lot of very good legislation. I had hoped to continue working with these people, of course, but that's obviously not to be. Nonetheless, I'm happy that I got to take a part in the 29th and 30th (right?) Senates. As I debated bills, wrote amendments, and voted on motions, I never compromised my ideology or my values, and I think, at the end of the day, that's what matters the most.

I want to congratulate Andrew and Purple State on their victories, and I'm certain that they'll make very capable and effective Senators. I'd also like to congratulate the incumbent Senators on their re-elections. As for me, I'll probably stick around, do stuff, you know. I won't leave though. That'd be silly.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies