Anyone else going to the inauguration?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 09:29:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Anyone else going to the inauguration?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Anyone else going to the inauguration?  (Read 2657 times)
Spaghetti Cat
Driedapples
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 05, 2009, 07:47:36 PM »

I'm back after about a month off.  Just wondering if anyone else will be on the mall.  Sorry if this thread already exists.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 07:51:34 PM »

I was considering it for a time but no, I'm not.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009, 07:53:38 PM »

I was considering it for a time but no, I'm not.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2009, 08:43:49 PM »

Yes.  I'm assuming that, given your connections, you also have tickets.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2009, 08:44:48 PM »

This, although still a slim chance but I really don't think its a good idea
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2009, 08:50:40 PM »

I wish, but alas, CNN HD will have to do.  Although, I do have the day off!!
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2009, 08:56:15 PM »

Nope -I'm staying put at home.  We just a got a new digital, flat-screen TV, so I intend to take full advantage of it. 
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2009, 08:57:08 PM »

Yeah, but I'll be on the mall with the other 3-4 million proles. No ticket. Sad
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2009, 08:57:28 PM »

Nah, I'm watching it at home, and listening to my "Good Bye Bush" playlist all day long.
Spaghetti Cat
Driedapples
United States

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2009, 09:04:37 PM »

Yes.  I'm assuming that, given your connections, you also have tickets.
hahahahahahaha   Only members of the 111th congress get tickets to distribute, so that connection did not help.  And Murtha would not return calls or emails for our school group, so we're on the mall.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2009, 09:50:37 PM »

I am disappointed in Republicans who are celebrating this occassion after how Dems treated Bush at his inauguration.  That was disgusting and we need to give it to them right back
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2009, 09:55:35 PM »

I am disappointed in Republicans who are celebrating this occassion after how Dems treated Bush at his inauguration.  That was disgusting and we need to give it to them right back

Vastly different circumstances brought that about.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2009, 09:56:02 PM »

In 2000?  I remember things not being so bad; at least in family it wasn't.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2009, 10:01:16 PM »

Nope -I'm staying put at home.  We just a got a new digital, flat-screen TV, so I intend to take full advantage of it. 

^^^^

That, and I'm taking the day off because I don't want to deal with a bunch of people who are from out of town, tying up our highways.  It's bad enough that DC and Maryland drivers (as well as those drivers from Ontario) clog our roads, making it a nightmare to drive.  Tack onto that people who don't know where they are going, it's just better for me to sleep in, catch some of it on tv, and watch movies.  Besides, I've seen one inauguration in person as a spectator (and you couldn't see/hear anything), and I've participated in another.  No need for me to go up there again.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2009, 10:09:44 PM »

I live 3000 miles away and go to school.

So no.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2009, 10:10:51 PM »

Besides, I've seen one inauguration in person as a spectator (and you couldn't see/hear anything), and I've participated in another.

That was my problem in 2000; I couldn't hear anything.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2009, 10:17:50 PM »

Vastly different?  Both men were elected president of the United States.  Barack Obama just happened to receive more EVs
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2009, 10:23:14 PM »

Vastly different?  Both men were elected president of the United States.  Barack Obama just happened to receive more EVs

He also won the popular vote/didn't win the election thanks to a Supreme Court decision.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2009, 10:29:18 PM »

He also won the popular vote/didn't win the election thanks to a Supreme Court decision.
Fallacy.  All the SC did was stop the recounts as they were being conducted unfairly and frankly retardly for lack of a better word.  Gore's fatal flaw was asking for a recount in only Gore strongholds.  The fact no matter what we shouldn't reward Dems with support of Obama and fanfare on his inauguration.  We should be pelting him with garbage like they did to Bush.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2009, 10:30:02 PM »

Fallacy.  All the SC did was stop the recounts as they were being conducted unfairly and frankly retardly for lack of a better word.  Gore's fatal flaw was asking for a recount in only Gore strongholds.  The fact no matter what we shouldn't reward Dems with support of Obama and fanfare on his inauguration.  We should be pelting him with garbage like they did to Bush.

They stopped a statewide recount.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2009, 10:31:21 PM »

True.  It doesn't mean that Gore's fatal flaw wasn't asking for a recount only in strong Gore areas.  That's when public opinion turned against him IMHO
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2009, 10:32:10 PM »

Not that I was expecting the hardcore Republicans to be the bigger men/people.  The retailation here is silly, expected, and downright petty.

The hardcore GOP would be wise to be out in full force (and be respectful) for a big historical moment for the country.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2009, 10:33:55 PM »

The hardcore GOP would be wise to be out in full force (and be respectful) for a big historical moment for the country.
Why?  The Democrats used their hate machine from Day 1 to try and make people hate Bush as much as possible.  I think the GOP can be more successful in making people hate Obama
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2009, 10:40:47 PM »

True.  It doesn't mean that Gore's fatal flaw wasn't asking for a recount only in strong Gore areas.  That's when public opinion turned against him IMHO

He won the opinion that should have mattered, which is what the results that would have occurred from a statewide uniform recount. The Florida Supreme Court was going to oversee the recount, but Bush's 5 buddies on the federal Supreme Court didn't like that idea.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2009, 10:43:56 PM »

He won the opinion that should have mattered, which is what the results that would have occurred from a statewide uniform recount. The Florida Supreme Court was going to oversee the recount, but Bush's 5 buddies on the federal Supreme Court didn't like that idea.
I wouldn't trust the FL Supreme Court to butter toast
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies