What countries have you been to?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:42:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  What countries have you been to?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: What countries have you been to?  (Read 7717 times)
Kodratos
Ataturk

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 25, 2004, 02:02:14 PM »

Canada, Mexico, and Greece for me!
Tory

« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2004, 02:22:13 PM »
« Edited: September 25, 2004, 02:23:43 PM by Tory »

The USA:
Boston, New York, and Philadelphia. The people were generally bastards but the sights were cool.

Canada:
Toronto and Montreal. The people in Toronto were nice but very stupid. The city wasn't anything special. The people in Montreal were jerks, but it was a beautiful city.

Ireland:
The people are pricks, the scenery wasn't that great, worse weather than here if you can imagine.

Spain:
Barcelona was nice, people were good.

Australia:
Scenery was nothing special. I had about fifteen guys tell me my eyes and accent were sexy and invite me back to thier place.

Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2004, 02:39:52 PM »

The USA:
Boston, New York, and Philadelphia. The people were generally bastards but the sights were cool.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

According to Durex, Australia is the country with more percentage of people who have had at least one affair with the same sex. A grand total of 17%.
Jens
Angola

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2004, 02:46:49 PM »

Most of Europe: Sweden, Norway, Iceland, Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, France, Italy, Luxembourg, Poland, Czech Republic, Hungary, Rumania, Bulgaria, Serbia and Scotland.

Bulgaria is a wonderfull country Smiley

Plus USA and South Africa

(want to go to Portugal next year)
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2004, 02:57:00 PM »

(want to go to Portugal next year)

We'll be sure to welcome you!
Jens
Angola

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2004, 03:26:48 PM »

Muito obrigado, senhor Smiley
Brambila
Brambilla

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2004, 04:05:43 PM »

I've been to the UK, Spain, and Portugal, but I don't remember them. Other than that:

France (Paris; Versailles; Tours; Orleans; Villandry; Bourdaeux; Lourdes; Toulous; Avingon; Marsailles; Monaco (county, I guess); Lyon).

Italy (Turin; Milan; Verona; Vicenza; Padua; Venice; Ravenna; Florence; Assisi; Rome; Vatican; Pisa; Genoa)

Mexico (Tijuana; Ensenada; Chihuahua; Ciudad Juarez; Monterrey; Leon; Guadalajara; Mexico; Toluca; Puerto Vaillarta (sp?); Acapulco; other places)

Canada (Victoria; Vancouver)

USA (California; Hawaii; Washington; Oregon; Arizona; Nevada; Idaho; Wyoming; Utah; New Mexico; Texas; Minnesota; Wisconsin; Illinois; Indiana; Ohio; Pennsylvania; New York; Virginia; DC; Florida).

I think that's it.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2004, 05:11:46 PM »

The United States obviously, and also Canada(Toronto).
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2004, 05:21:44 PM »

USA: Disneyland, Florida
France: Every region
Spain: Barcelona, Marbella, Balearics (all 3)
Greece: Athens, Corfu
Turkey: Istanbul
Africa: Egypt, Tunisia
The Maldives
Dubai, UAE

I would like to go to New England and also Denmark.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2004, 05:24:54 PM »

The USA:

According to Durex, Australia is the country with more percentage of people who have had at least one affair with the same sex. A grand total of 17%.

Not to mention sheep..
Jens
Angola

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2004, 05:28:08 PM »

Not to mention sheep..

Ahh, those long lonely nights out in the Wastelands Wink
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2004, 05:37:20 PM »

Canada, Mexico, Guatemala, Switzerland, France, Austria,
Czech Republic, Thailand (all time favorite), Cambodia, the Philippines, and Vietnam

Just passing through, airport layover, etc:
Germany, the Netherlands, Japan, Taiwan, and Korea

Heading back to Thailand in a few weeks, and plan to visit Indonesia, Burma, and Laos this time around.  Then in the spring I'm planning a big trip to Madagascar!

muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2004, 06:56:11 PM »

Canada, Mexico, Brazil, UK (England and Scotland), France, Germany (West and united), Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Austria, Yugoslavia (now Slovenia), Italy, Hungary, and the USSR (Moscow and environs).
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2004, 11:09:51 PM »

I haven't travelled that much and have yet to be outside of North America. The following is where I've been to:

Canada: Victoria, BC (duh Tongue ); Vancouver, BC; Prince George, BC; Calgary, AB; Winnipeg, MB;  Toronto, ON.

United States: Seattle, WA; Portland, OR; Fresno, CA; Los Angeles, CA; Eau Claire, WI; New York, NY.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2004, 11:42:54 PM »

Canada:  Niagara Falls, Toronto.  Basically the QEW corridor only.

USA:  MA, NY, CT, NJ, PA, DE, MD, VA, NC, SC, GA, FL, OH, IN, MI
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2004, 12:34:23 AM »

Most of Europe: Sweden, Norway, Iceland, Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, France, Italy, Luxembourg, Poland, Czech Republic, Hungary, Rumania, Bulgaria, Serbia and Scotland.

Why was Bulgaria wonderful?  I'd love to know more.  Is it cheap?  fairly safe?  Is the food good?
2952-0-0
exnaderite
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2004, 02:54:29 AM »

Canada, USA (Detroit, Orlando, Seattle, stopped over @ San Fran), China, Phillipines (stopover in Manila), Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Hong Kong (if you count it), Maldives, Britain, France, Italy, Vatican (I was in Rome), Holland, Portugal (OK it was Macao but it was STILL part of Portugal).
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2004, 06:45:29 AM »

Sweden

Finland

The UK

Denmark

Norway

Germany

Switzerland

Austria

Italy

Spain (Valencia and Mallorca)

Czech Republic

Turkey

Mauritius

Hong Kong

Singapore

Japan

Australia

------------------------------------------

Have a lot of places left...most notably, I've never crossed the Atlantic. Sad

Also, I've never visited the African continent, nor Russia. I've also missed out on India, the Middle East, Rome and Paris. I hope to get a job that enables me to travel reasonably when I get older though.

And I will, hopefully, do a school trip to Barcelona next term! Smiley
Jens
Angola

« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2004, 11:47:37 AM »

Why was Bulgaria wonderful?  I'd love to know more.  Is it cheap?  fairly safe?  Is the food good?

First of all, it is a beautiful country with great variaty. I've spend quite a lot of time at the Black Sea Coast.

I recommend Varna which is a splendid city with good restaurants with a vide variaty of cuisines, a beautifull centre, some interesting museums (I recommend the Roman Baths and the history museum) and a small beach right at the end of the main walking street. Just north of Varna you'll find Golden Sands and Albena, if you really wan't to go to the beach (I've never been there, the small Varna beach is quite enough for me) and to the south there is Nessebur, an old Byzantian town on the UNESCO World Heritage list - It's beautifull Smiley

If you prefer a drier climate, there is the capital, Sofia. It's quite varm in july but that doesn't matter when you can spend your time looking at tons of different churchs, mosques and synagoes (Funny that a non-religious man like me enjoys to look at temples Wink ) or go to the different markeds or just sit at one of the many sidewalk cafés and enjoy the local wines or beer (Bulgaria has excelent redwines and lager - my favorite is Zagorka)

Oh, and did I remenber to say that it is very cheap to dine and live in Bulgaria. If you dine for more that 10 $ you've had a feast.

Finally, I have been to Bulgaria 3 times and never felt unsave. Very pleasant people with a nice aditude

Go there and if you have the time, take the train ride from Sofia to Varna. It takes less that 8 hours and the scenery is magnificent

Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2004, 12:57:46 PM »
« Edited: September 26, 2004, 01:04:47 PM by Keystone Phil »

Places I've been to outside of the U.S. ...

Italy
Switzerland
Jamaica (several times, actually)
Turks and Caicos

In the U.S. ...

New Jersey, (though that really doesn't count for anyone in the southeast PA region) Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Florida, Nevada, Arizona, New York, Washington D.C.
lidaker
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: 0.88, S: -4.67

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2004, 02:50:09 PM »

Not many, unfortunately.

Sweden
Norway
Denmark
France
Greece
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2004, 02:54:00 PM »

US States:
FL, SC, NC, GA, TN, KY, OH, IN, NY, MA, RI, VT, NH, ME, CT, AL

Barbados, Jamaica, Ontario, Quebec, Italy.

I'm going to Germany/Netherlands next summer and Russia and Poland in 2006.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2004, 04:19:32 PM »

First of all, it is a beautiful country with great variaty. I've spend quite a lot of time at the Black Sea Coast.

I recommend Varna which is a splendid city with good restaurants with a vide variaty of cuisines, a beautifull centre, some interesting museums (I recommend the Roman Baths and the history museum) and a small beach right at the end of the main walking street. Just north of Varna you'll find Golden Sands and Albena, if you really wan't to go to the beach (I've never been there, the small Varna beach is quite enough for me) and to the south there is Nessebur, an old Byzantian town on the UNESCO World Heritage list - It's beautifull Smiley

If you prefer a drier climate, there is the capital, Sofia. It's quite varm in july but that doesn't matter when you can spend your time looking at tons of different churchs, mosques and synagoes (Funny that a non-religious man like me enjoys to look at temples Wink ) or go to the different markeds or just sit at one of the many sidewalk cafés and enjoy the local wines or beer (Bulgaria has excelent redwines and lager - my favorite is Zagorka)

Oh, and did I remenber to say that it is very cheap to dine and live in Bulgaria. If you dine for more that 10 $ you've had a feast.

Finally, I have been to Bulgaria 3 times and never felt unsave. Very pleasant people with a nice aditude

Go there and if you have the time, take the train ride from Sofia to Varna. It takes less that 8 hours and the scenery is magnificent

Excellent - I want to go!  How much for a cheap but servicable hotel?
Jens
Angola

« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2004, 04:34:36 PM »

Excellent - I want to go!  How much for a cheap but servicable hotel?

We used to rent a flat and that is quite cheap. Last time I rented one in deadcentre of Varna paying 10$ per night but I'm pretty sure that you can find very decent hotels from between 10-20$ per night.

(I don't know if the prices has gone up in the last years. My friend, who I visited Bulgaria with back in 1998 found himself a nice girl from Varna. so last time we stayed at their place).

But do go and pleace tell me all about it Smiley - and to ask if you want some more vacation tips. My friend and his wife has been all over Bulgaria
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -5.88, S: -4.72

« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2004, 05:28:29 PM »

USA
Germany
Holland
Belgium
France
Austria
Czech Republic
Italy

Still dying to visit east Asia (specifically Japan) and the Scandinavian countries.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies