The earliest time for a woman President? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:41:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  The earliest time for a woman President? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The earliest time for a woman President?  (Read 2923 times)
Padfoot
padfoot714
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -6.96

« on: January 07, 2009, 04:37:39 AM »

The country has probably been ready since 1992 and we've definitely been ready since 1996.  The 90's were when people really began to accept the idea that women could be mothers and breadwinners. 

However, as has already been noted, there simply aren't that many high quality female candidates for the presidency, and the ones who are qualified don't run.  I think that will change after Clinton and Palin.  Perhaps not in 2012 but definitely in 2016 I think both major parties will have at least one female candidate contesting the nomination.  They may not win, but they'll be formidable.  Beginning with 2020 and going onwards, at least one of the four people nominated for president and vice president will be a woman.
Padfoot
padfoot714
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -6.96

« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2009, 12:34:35 AM »

But I think the cancellation of "Commander in Chief" starring Geena Davis indicates Americans weren't receptive to the idea of a woman president as late as 2006.

Or that ABC has a god awful reputation for crappy scheduling, especially with new shows.  I don't think you can judge something like America's readiness for a female president against the popularity of a TV show. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies