president match.com, check it out
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 01:14:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  president match.com, check it out
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: president match.com, check it out  (Read 23880 times)
angus
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: February 29, 2004, 07:56:58 PM »

No no no.  Bush is a liberal.  I am a serious conservative.  You yanking my chain again beet?

I am an anti-capital punishment republican.  And my pet peeve is imperialism.  That's not liberal.

So you say...

It's taxes, gun control, and the general intolerance and bigotry of the Democrats that does it for me, I guess.  But no, I didn't vote for George in '00 and am leaning to a third party candidate at the moment, to be honest.  

Yeah, the current justice department scares the hell out of me too.  But I'm all about maintaining a standing Navy and Army.  I think I might be a Cheney Repbulican.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #51 on: February 29, 2004, 08:02:49 PM »

No no no.  Bush is a liberal.  I am a serious conservative.  You yanking my chain again beet?

I am an anti-capital punishment republican.  And my pet peeve is imperialism.  That's not liberal.

So you say...

It's taxes, gun control, and the general intolerance and bigotry of the Democrats that does it for me, I guess.  But no, I didn't vote for George in '00 and am leaning to a third party candidate at the moment, to be honest.  

Yeah, the current justice department scares the hell out of me too.  But I'm all about maintaining a standing Navy and Army.  I think I might be a Cheney Repbulican.

I don't see how the Democrats are so intolerant and bigoted... yes we have views just like any other party but we don't go around calling our opponents "the enemy within" and "traitors". On taxes and gun control... the Democratic party has moved towards the center, especially on taxes. Clinton's position in 1992 was a third way and Gore's position was additional $800 billion tax cut on top of Clinton's position. And Kerry position today is more moderate than Gore's position was. And a $400 billion military budget is quite enough. If anything the money already being spent needs to be spent more efficiently.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #52 on: February 29, 2004, 08:04:41 PM »
« Edited: February 29, 2004, 08:40:29 PM by angus »

as I said, bush is a liberal.  Wink

Now he's talking about amending the US constitution for the most frivolous of reasons:  to win.  This is not my cup of conservatism.

Democrats like to sit around to whine and bitch and call us elitist amoral fascists and patronize the blacks and exploit fear among immigrants.  As do I.  But I find that I'm still more comfortable at Republican cocktail parties than Democrat ones.  They're more Big Tent.  You know?  with the democrats, you say one wrong answer you're "evil"  

Kghadial, you should check out that thread on the legacy of W:  GOP breakup?  Now, mind you, several pages are flame contests between rival sects of Judeo-Americana.  Funny as hell.  But there's some serious dissection of the GOP there.  Take a piece and pass it on.

--You will all be assimilated.
classical liberal
RightWingNut

Political Matrix
E: 9.35, S: -8.26

« Reply #53 on: February 29, 2004, 08:16:31 PM »

Bush is pushing for more profligate spending rather than more responsible spending. There are so many things that could be done to achieve his military goals within $350b or even $300b but rather than work for efficiency he just wants to borrow from asia and spend.  We currently pay $171b/yr in interest on our $6.5t public debt.  Rather than deficit reduction and spending cuts Bush is pushing a fiscally liberal budgetary "strategery" and the supposedly conservative, fiscally responsible congress is simply rubber-stamping it.
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #54 on: March 01, 2004, 04:26:33 PM »

Sorry to butt into a conversation on mid thread but, did the test...

Kerry: 100% (!)

Dean: 94%

Edwards: 92%

Sharpton: 84%

Kucinich: 80%

Surprising as I voted for Edwards in the primary but then again as I’ve said before I'd be happy for Kerry to get the nomination but he needs to be careful who he picks as his running mate... had Edwards (sorry I'm speaking in the past tense but I'm being realistic) won the nomination Bill Richardson would have been his best choice for VP, with Kerry, Edwards would be an excellent choice but I worry that that is not really an option anymore ... Well here's hopping it still might be ... otherwise Gov. Warner, Sn. Breaux or Sn. Bayh seem like good choices sadly I doubt that Breaux would really want to be VP… but it could really work in my opinion, if you want an LBJ for Kerry then Breaux is your best bet or perhaps Bayh… then again the last time a Massachusetts Dem running for President tried to find an LBJ it was Dukakis and it didn’t stop an electoral route for the Dems at the Presidential Level… having said that Bentsen was probably a much stronger candidate for president than Dukakis ever was… excuse me while I day dream of a Bentsen/ Gore ticket of 1988 and its beating Bush/ Quayle… uhm…PRESIDENT BENTSEN…nice… sorry about that!    
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #55 on: March 02, 2004, 01:17:25 PM »

Bush-100%
Yu748Girl83
Rookie
United States

« Reply #56 on: February 12, 2022, 09:25:33 PM »

Well, that doesn't exist anymore.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #57 on: February 13, 2022, 05:45:19 PM »

I wonder how many things from the 2004 internet don't exist anymore.
Yu748Girl83
Rookie
United States

« Reply #58 on: February 13, 2022, 09:41:49 PM »

I wonder how many things from the 2004 internet don't exist anymore.
A lot.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #59 on: February 13, 2022, 10:57:08 PM »

At least we still have Jibjab.
Yu748Girl83
Rookie
United States