president match.com, check it out (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:00:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  president match.com, check it out (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: president match.com, check it out  (Read 23890 times)
Beet
Atlas Star

« on: February 24, 2004, 07:37:14 PM »

Here's mine:

Kerry                      98%

Edwards                84%

Bush                      42%
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2004, 07:52:41 PM »

Beet-

Why do you think Republicans are against the economic system that twarted communism?  Capitalism is the opposite of Communism, and last I checked most VC's, businessmen, and entrepreneurs are Republicans.

The economic system that thwarted communism is the system that existed from the New Deal to today, although it is gradually being dismantled by lassiez-faire policies. If Republicans got all they wanted, they would to continue this dismantle until we have essentially a lassiez-faire system. 19th century lassiez-faire is what produced extremely stark inequalities that generated support for communism.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2004, 07:54:53 PM »

Actually just twice to my knowledge, both times today. The other time was PD.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2004, 11:43:24 PM »
« Edited: February 26, 2004, 12:01:48 AM by Beet »

With mostly Dems voting (but six Reps), averages so far

Candidate (thread average) (Reps av, Dems av, Ind av)

Kerry      (79) (Reps 48, Dems 96, Ind 85)
Kucinich  (75) (Reps 22, Dems 97, Ind 76)
Edwards (74) (Reps 47, Dems 89, Ind 80)
Dean       (70) (Reps 38, Dems 88)
Sharpton (70) (Reps 30, Dems 93, Ind 72)
Bush        (56) (Reps 100, Dems 27, Ind 36)

Clearly Kucinich is the most polarizing figure, with a 75% difference between self-identified members of the two parties, closely followed by Bush, with a 73% spread. Edwards was the least polarizing figure with only a 42% spread.

The most surprising result is that Kerry got an average of 48 among Republicans-- he's supposed to be this liberal.

The weighted averages (giving equal right to aggregate Republican & Democratic choices)

Kerry         72
Edwards   68
Bush         64
Dean        63
Sharpton  62
Kucinich    60
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2004, 07:33:54 PM »

whew, I was beginning to think I was the only one with 100% on Sharpton.

What did you get on Bush? Smiley
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2004, 07:40:37 PM »

whew, I was beginning to think I was the only one with 100% on Sharpton.

What did you get on Bush? Smiley

I think he was joking...

On his previous signature he listed off a long string of issues where he agrees with liberals, and I dont know much about Sharpton but if Sharpton was an economic moderate, it's very plausible. People tend to get higher percentages on these fringe left-wing candidates than they previously imagined. Mostly because they're viewed as fringe candidates off hand without the person examining the actual positions.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2004, 07:50:11 PM »
« Edited: February 29, 2004, 07:57:44 PM by Beet »

No no no.  Bush is a liberal.  I am a serious conservative.  You yanking my chain again beet?

I am an anti-capital punishment republican.  And my pet peeve is imperialism.  That's not liberal.

Based on those two positions it is.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2004, 08:02:49 PM »

No no no.  Bush is a liberal.  I am a serious conservative.  You yanking my chain again beet?

I am an anti-capital punishment republican.  And my pet peeve is imperialism.  That's not liberal.

So you say...

It's taxes, gun control, and the general intolerance and bigotry of the Democrats that does it for me, I guess.  But no, I didn't vote for George in '00 and am leaning to a third party candidate at the moment, to be honest.  

Yeah, the current justice department scares the hell out of me too.  But I'm all about maintaining a standing Navy and Army.  I think I might be a Cheney Repbulican.

I don't see how the Democrats are so intolerant and bigoted... yes we have views just like any other party but we don't go around calling our opponents "the enemy within" and "traitors". On taxes and gun control... the Democratic party has moved towards the center, especially on taxes. Clinton's position in 1992 was a third way and Gore's position was additional $800 billion tax cut on top of Clinton's position. And Kerry position today is more moderate than Gore's position was. And a $400 billion military budget is quite enough. If anything the money already being spent needs to be spent more efficiently.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies