Highlights of past debates

<< < (5/5)

Keystone Phil:
Quote from: Vice President Andrew on October 01, 2004, 04:20:02 PM

You guys just keep saying the same thing over and over. Please change the subject.

Well I'm sorry and I know it's getting annoying repeating this stuff but hey...I'm pointing out facts he is ignoring.

PBrunsel:
I bet those who are old enough (and those whgo do a lot of reading) remember the 1992 Vice Presidential Debate. Quale and Gore just shouted at each other while poor Admiral Stockdale just sat there. When he was finally called on he yelled, "Who am I? Why am I here?"

Dr. Cynic:
That reminds me of the old SNL skit with Dana Carvey as Perot and the late Phil Hartman as the Admiral. Actually, I found the 92 VP transcript online, and the first words Stockdale uttered in his opening arguement was "Who Am I? Why am I here?"

PEROT (CARVEY): Let me tell you, you were A-1 in that debate! You had an H-bomb, them other guys had slingshots.

STOCKDALE (HARTMAN): Ping Pong match!....

PEROT: You were just so great. Like, that part where you were quiet there for an hour, grand slam! And when you got up, and wandered over to Gore's podium, like you didn't know where you were... That showed you're restless, had places to go people to see.

STOCKDALE: Government's.... in..... In gridlock.

PEROT: And that part where you forgot your hearing aid was turned off, and you acted like you didn't know where you were; showed you wern't rehearsed like those other two. President needs top be sponteneous, and the American people know it.

STOCKDALE: ......GRIDLOCK!!!!!!!.......

(Perot laughs, and turns on the radio)

STOCKDALE: I'm hungry.

PEROT: Admiral, we ate at Denney's a half hour ago! You had a double cheese burger, your belly's full, I rest my case.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page