You're Advising the Republicans.... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:18:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  You're Advising the Republicans.... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: You're Advising the Republicans....  (Read 10373 times)
paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: -4.35

« on: January 16, 2009, 06:01:10 PM »

Honestly, though, if I were a Republican strategist, I would keep waving the flag and screaming about "pansy-ass, tea-sipping" Europeans and scary brown people. The political climate is bound to get better for the right eventually, and this formula will work (again) when that time comes. Becoming some kind of half-assed Libertarian Party would lose a lot more votes than it gains.

That's probably what they will do (scary brown people and overeducated, latte-drinking liberals), but I can assure you it will not work because (1)  it won't be long before the brown people outnumber the white people and (2) the internet and technology will make future generations even more open-minded.

What do you mean by "scary brown people"?
paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2009, 06:05:04 PM »

When and in what context have Republicans screamed about them?
paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2009, 06:22:42 PM »

You don't have to scream about it.  When your party constantly opposes immigration,

They've never opposed immigration.  They oppose illegal immigration. 

You must be logged in to read this quote.

So you attribute Jesse Helms to the entire party? 

When did anyone say this??
paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2009, 06:39:18 PM »

Paul, no offense, but what country do you live in?  You honestly don't believe your party is associated with everything I mentioned?

There are definitely people who make those associations.  But I find them to be ignorant.    Similarly, I find Republicans who identify Democrats as "appeasers" and "communists" to be rather uninsightful.  I don't associate the Democratic party with those who call John McCain a murderer and George W. Bush a war criminal.  Painting with such a broad brush isn't the best way to get your arguments across.   

Here is the exchange I took issue with...

Honestly, though, if I were a Republican strategist, I would keep waving the flag and screaming about "pansy-ass, tea-sipping" Europeans and scary brown people.

That's probably what they will do (scary brown people and overeducated, latte-drinking liberals)...

Oppose the GOP positions on immigration reform, welfare reform, etc., if you want, but the "Republicans are racist" accusation is seriously played-out.
paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2009, 07:31:37 PM »

It might be in your case and good for you, but as long as all the racists in this country continue to vote for the Republican party, that perception will exist.

Did it ever occur to you that there are racists who vote for Democrats as well?  Even those who vote exclusively for the Democratic Party?  These perceptions will exist so long as people like you continue to perpetuate them. 
paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2009, 11:07:06 AM »

but you'll refuse to admit it, because you're a subhuman legalist,

Why are you such an asshole?  You seem like a smart guy and I'm genuinely interested in most of your opinions, but I can't help but roll my eyes whenever I see a new post from you.  Make your arguments and keep it moving.  You don't have to make every damn post out to be like your leading a revolution. 

No.  If you've paid attention to my posts since I've joined this forum you'd notice that it's quite the opposite. 
paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2009, 02:26:57 PM »

Why did you have to resurrect this thread?  The absurdity I've just re-read has left me nauseous.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies