You're Advising the Republicans.... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:03:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  You're Advising the Republicans.... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: You're Advising the Republicans....  (Read 10329 times)
Nixon in '80
nixon1980
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.84, S: -5.39

« on: January 15, 2009, 07:36:02 PM »

While I love what Einzige is saying, and would be in heaven if the party actually adopted these principles, I don't know if the proposed reforms would really cure the party. Sure, we need to tone down the rhetoric on wedge issues... but as much as I hate to admit it, we (rational, Rockefeller Republicans) do take the Religious Right for granted...

Nixon in '80
nixon1980
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2009, 01:48:09 AM »

While I love what Einzige is saying, and would be in heaven if the party actually adopted these principles, I don't know if the proposed reforms would really cure the party. Sure, we need to tone down the rhetoric on wedge issues... but as much as I hate to admit it, we (rational, Rockefeller Republicans) do take the Religious Right for granted...

It doesn't matter anyway, since within twenty years all those pissant rednecks that you are presently in collusion with will be lining up Crosses of Gold along Wall Street to crucify the brokers - and you'll have long been voting Democratic.

So you believe there is no hope to save the party from the "pissant rednecks"?
Nixon in '80
nixon1980
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2009, 05:13:37 AM »

Oppose the GOP positions on immigration reform, welfare reform, etc., if you want, but the "Republicans are racist" accusation is seriously played-out.

No, not really. Most Republicans are racist, they hate blacks, they hate the Voting Rights Act of 1964, they hate Hispanics, etc.; but you'll refuse to admit it, because you're a subhuman legalist, and your Party can do nothing wrong.

Dude, did Newt Gingrich run over your dog or something?

Goddamn admit it already. The only reason the Republicans win the South year after year is because those people still have animosity against the blacks that Lyndon Johnson admitted into the Democratic fold. The sooner you come to terms with the genuine composition of your Party, the better. I am tired of liberals being the only ones demonized in American political discourse; you people damn well deserve it.

Oh, I'll absolutely admit there is a significant voter block in the South that still has a certain level of racial animosity, and I'll admit the Republicans play to it pretty often, and effectively (Willie Horton, S.C.- Rove Push Polling, etc.), but your assertion that:

Most Republicans are racist, they hate blacks, they hate the Voting Rights Act of 1964, they hate Hispanics, etc.

...is truly magnificent hyperbole, comparable to a conservative claiming "Most Democrats are bigots, they hate Christians," equally false, and equally nauseating.
Nixon in '80
nixon1980
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2009, 05:49:36 AM »

Oppose the GOP positions on immigration reform, welfare reform, etc., if you want, but the "Republicans are racist" accusation is seriously played-out.

No, not really. Most Republicans are racist, they hate blacks, they hate the Voting Rights Act of 1964, they hate Hispanics, etc.; but you'll refuse to admit it, because you're a subhuman legalist, and your Party can do nothing wrong.

Dude, did Newt Gingrich run over your dog or something?

Goddamn admit it already. The only reason the Republicans win the South year after year is because those people still have animosity against the blacks that Lyndon Johnson admitted into the Democratic fold. The sooner you come to terms with the genuine composition of your Party, the better. I am tired of liberals being the only ones demonized in American political discourse; you people damn well deserve it.

Oh, I'll absolutely admit there is a significant voter block in the South that still has a certain level of racial animosity, and I'll admit the Republicans play to it pretty often, and effectively (Willie Horton, S.C.- Rove Push Polling, etc.), but your assertion that:

Most Republicans are racist, they hate blacks, they hate the Voting Rights Act of 1964, they hate Hispanics, etc.

...is truly magnificent hyperbole, comparable to a conservative claiming "Most Democrats are bigots, they hate Christians," equally false, and equally nauseating.

All those states in blue? Those are the only states to shift towards the Republican Party this year. Arizona is acceptable; those Southern states are not. Because they were the only states to trend towards the Republicans, it is more than fair to say that most Republicans, at least after the 2009 elections, are racists.

I'm having trouble organizing my thoughts into a clear message, so bear with me:

1. Check out the racists up in Massachusetts.

2. Your argument is cyclical:

The South is racist because it is Republican.
The Republicans are racist because they are in the South.

3. I didn't vote for Barack Obama, I'm a registered and self-identifying Republican, am I racist?

4. "Most" Republicans "hate" blacks... those are your words... are you willing to stand by them as not the least bit hyperbolic? We're not talking about a subconscious xenophobia that effects one's views on immigration, we're talking about 51% of the Republican Party actively hating black people.

5. Apparently Alaska didn't vote.
Nixon in '80
nixon1980
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2009, 06:28:37 AM »

Pardon me if I steal your form.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Kerry was the home-state candidate in '04. It was natural that Massachusetts ought to trend slightly more Republican, since they basically maxed out four years ago.[/quote]

You're absolutely right, and I did not take that into account. In my defense, I'm very tired.

No; my argument is that the South is racist, and the Republicans today are mostly Southerners, and so Republicans are mostly racist.[/quote]

I misunderstood your premise. So it is the Southern-ness that causes the racism, not the Republicanism? Well, this argument is slightly more palatable.

Did you not vote for him because he is black?[/quote]

Of course not... I apologize for this statement, actually... perhaps I'm taking your vitriolic attacks on Republicans personally.

I'm more than willing to believe 51% of Republican voters dislike/despise/hate blacks, and, when added to the number that hate Mexicans, that's probably considerably higher. I'd be willing to bet everything I have that an outright majority of Republican voters are racists, and you'd be a fool not to agree.[/quote]

So, at the very least, 24% of the electorate hates blacks?

If I am a fool, so be it.

Alaska doesn't have counties.
[/quote]

Hmm... I'll try not to be glib in the future.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies