Burris in 2016? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:01:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Burris in 2016? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Burris in 2016?  (Read 4506 times)
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« on: January 15, 2009, 02:36:36 AM »

The only thing burris did wrong was being involved in Blago's scheme.

..and naming his kids Roland Jr. & Rolanda.

Alcon and I were joking about names he could have used instead of "Roland II" and we came up with names like "He-Roland" and so on.  I suggested "Rolando" but it turns out that Roland Burris actually tried to get an obviously innocent man named Rolando executed (it was a big deal, people like resigned in order to protest Roland's orders but he still pressed on with the case, another man had already confessed to the crime) so that he didn't look weak coming up to his upcoming race for governor:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/12/31/roland-burris-sought-deat_n_154578.html

So I think Roland Burris isn't all gravy, if you don't mind.  I think directly sacrificing the life of an innocent man for your political ambitions is pretty screwed up
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2009, 03:18:11 AM »

The only thing burris did wrong was being involved in Blago's scheme.

..and naming his kids Roland Jr. & Rolanda.

Alcon and I were joking about names he could have used instead of "Roland II" and we came up with names like "He-Roland" and so on.  I suggested "Rolando" but it turns out that Roland Burris actually tried to get an obviously innocent man named Rolando executed (it was a big deal, people like resigned in order to protest Roland's orders but he still pressed on with the case, another man had already confessed to the crime) so that he didn't look weak coming up to his upcoming race for governor:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/12/31/roland-burris-sought-deat_n_154578.html

So I think Roland Burris isn't all gravy, if you don't mind.  I think directly sacrificing the life of an innocent man for your political ambitions is pretty screwed up

Alcon privately contacted me to correct my mistake, we actually talked about his wife settling on Rolanda instead of She-Roland.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies