Alabama (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:56:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Alabama (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Alabama  (Read 25155 times)
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« on: January 25, 2009, 08:06:48 PM »

Didn't Charles Barkley (of all people) express an interest in running for Governor at some point?

He'll run in 2014.

If he's not in prison.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 01:39:28 AM »

There is actually a relatively good chance that Roy Moore could be running a state.

What an absolutely horrifying thought.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2010, 02:41:10 AM »

County-level GOP officials will count the provisional primary ballots tomorrow and then the state party will announce the official winner for the second spot in the runoff that evening. Whoever ends up in third (probably James) has forty-eight hours to request recounts in individual counties.

Each day this drags on for is another good day for Byrne.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2010, 03:46:47 PM »

The margin narrowed from 208 to 167 after provisionals were counted. James is requesting a recount which he'll have to pay for (he's pledged to spend $200,000). Recounts have to be requested on an individual county basis and James has indicated he'll request the most populous 25 counties at least.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2010, 12:49:33 PM »

Recounts have to be requested on an individual county basis

Didn't Bush v. Gore I make that sort of thing unconstitutional?

In some states (such as Alabama) the primaries are still officially run by the parties or in some sort of legally nebulous partnership between the parties and the state. I'm not sure of the legal details but I think in states like that the party has far more control over the method of conducting the primary then one normally would have. But I'm just sort of talking out of my ass here.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2010, 01:27:13 PM »

James has lost 10 votes with 94% recounted. The runoff will be Byrne vs. Bentley.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies