NYC - Map of results by Assembly District; now with added Queens! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:41:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2008 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  NYC - Map of results by Assembly District; now with added Queens! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NYC - Map of results by Assembly District; now with added Queens!  (Read 45449 times)
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« on: February 22, 2009, 12:28:59 AM »

Bayside is interesting, considering how Democratic neighboring (and even wealthier) Great Neck is.

Also, what happened at College Point?

Great Neck is heavily Jewish.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2009, 02:37:40 AM »

Bayside is interesting, considering how Democratic neighboring (and even wealthier) Great Neck is.

True, but so are the whites in Bayside. Bayside just has a lot of Koreans in the mix, and more blacks and Hispanics than Great Neck, which shouldn't really make it less Democratic.

Great Neck has a pretty large Asian population as well (the two high schools in Great Neck I believe are 25-30% Asian).   Great Neck is also more Jewish than Bayside.  I'm pretty sure Bayside has a sizeable Italian population as well something that Great Neck really doesn't have.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2009, 05:24:52 PM »

True, but so are the whites in Bayside. Bayside just has a lot of Koreans in the mix, and more blacks and Hispanics than Great Neck, which shouldn't really make it less Democratic.

Great Neck has a pretty large Asian population as well (the two high schools in Great Neck I believe are 25-30% Asian).   Great Neck is also more Jewish than Bayside.  I'm pretty sure Bayside has a sizeable Italian population as well something that Great Neck really doesn't have.

Not so sure on the Italian population in Bayside itself, but I just took another look at the districts map and noticed that the district also contains Whitestone, which I think is a very Italian and (non-Jewish) Eastern European area, generally Republican demographics in NYC.

Still wondering about College Point. Is that a coloration error on Al's part?

Swing state has precinct level breakdowns, I know we had a precinct map of NYC on here not too long ago.  If we can dig that up we would be able to tell how certain areas went.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2009, 06:57:55 PM »

Queens by Precinct

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=p7Hn_T5RBt3Svkhr2nrqYCA

map of the 26th A.D
http://www.vote.nyc.ny.us/pdf/maps/ad/ad26.pdf

It looks like McCain's strongest portion of the district was Whitestone, he did hae a few precincts in Bayside in which he did quite well in, but for the most part it appears Whitestone was his strongest area.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies