NYC - Map of results by Assembly District; now with added Queens! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:13:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2008 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  NYC - Map of results by Assembly District; now with added Queens! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NYC - Map of results by Assembly District; now with added Queens!  (Read 45460 times)
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« on: February 23, 2009, 08:29:20 PM »

Bayside is interesting, considering how Democratic neighboring (and even wealthier) Great Neck is.

Also, what happened at College Point?

Great Neck is heavily Jewish.

True, but so are the whites in Bayside. Bayside just has a lot of Koreans in the mix, and more blacks and Hispanics than Great Neck, which shouldn't really make it less Democratic.

Great Neck has a pretty large Asian population as well (the two high schools in Great Neck I believe are 25-30% Asian).   Great Neck is also more Jewish than Bayside.  I'm pretty sure Bayside has a sizeable Italian population as well something that Great Neck really doesn't have.

From personal experience, Bayside has; or used to have anyway, a huge Italian American population. Most I met were not too fond of the brown man ...
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2009, 12:27:22 AM »

Of course JFK Airport was white:

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies