Hilarious predictions (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:51:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2008 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Hilarious predictions (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hilarious predictions  (Read 9334 times)
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« on: January 15, 2009, 08:28:40 AM »

There is a French "scientific" predictions agency called ElectionScope, led by university profs and researchers. The problem is, their predictions are totally sh**t. In 2007 in France, they predicted Royal 28% in the first round and 23% to Sarkozy, Le Pen at 16% and Bayrou at 15%. Totally wrong order. In the French locals last year, they didn't deceive, and were as wrong as ever.

They didn't let us down for the US either.

Here was their prediction

They also did PV projections by state. For Obama, they predicted him breaking 60% in DC, MN, RI, HI, and MD. But in Illinois, they had him in the 52.5-55 range.

Arkansas was Obama 50-51.5, as was LA. KY was in the 52.5-55 Obama range, and the best was WV, 55-60 range. They had Alabama in the 50-51.5 McCain range, along with TX, SC, and CO.

http://www.electionscope.fr/?/

lol
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2009, 04:22:10 PM »

I like it how they also predicted that New Jersey would move a hundred or so miles eastwards into the Atlantic and collide with part of Long Island..

The UP seceded from Michigan, and Rhode Island disappeared.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2009, 10:32:02 PM »

I like it how they also predicted that New Jersey would move a hundred or so miles eastwards into the Atlantic and collide with part of Long Island..

I literally almost fell out of my chair.

LOL at the stupid French... as opposed to the intelligent French, for whom I have nothing but the utmost respect.

A serious business magazine in France (can't remember which one it was. L'Expansion I think) got them to do their "election predictions" last year for the French locals. I laughed a lot. Somebody should have gotten them to do publish an article on the US election. It would have been sheer hilarity.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2009, 04:09:10 PM »

Here is the said French prediction in a map form

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies