The Official Obama Approval Ratings Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:49:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  The Official Obama Approval Ratings Thread (search mode)
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: The Official Obama Approval Ratings Thread  (Read 1221583 times)
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2012, 11:45:34 AM »

Which are you saying is a bad sample, this one or the one from a couple days ago that showed Obama at -10?
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2012, 08:19:00 PM »

Rasmussen Obama (National)

Approve 47%, +3.

Disapprove 52%, -2.

"Strongly Approve" is at 26%, -1.  "Strongly Disapprove" is at  42%, -2.

Probably a bad sample.

Or the previous bad sample dropping out...?

Obviously, since I said yesterday:

Rasmussen Obama (National)

Approve 44%, u.

Disapprove 54%, u.

"Strongly Approve" is at 25%, u.  "Strongly Disapprove" is at  44%, u.

Again, it could be a bad sample.

I have been saying that there might be a bad sample moving through the system.  It dropped out.

That's what I thought, but I didn't want to assume. Thanks for specifying.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2012, 04:03:46 PM »
« Edited: September 23, 2012, 04:09:42 PM by Nathan »

Obama also hit 50 on the TPM tracker today, which moves more gradually and does a lot more smoothing and rounding. He's actually at exactly the same average on both right now, which does if memory serves happen quite a bit on individual days although TPM adjusts its numbers in retrospect and RCP doesn't.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2012, 09:31:30 PM »

So Obama is running 12-14 points ahead of the last two Presidents to lose re-election while within the margin of error of the last President to win re-election?

The dude is finished.

But Romney will blow this thing wide open in the debates, which he's known to be very good at!
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2012, 10:34:02 AM »

The relations with the Islamic are a ongoing problem for Obama, because:

1.  There was more unrest after the apologies.

All of the unrest was after the so-called 'apologies'. The so-called 'apologies' came before there was much unrest. Also, 'Islamic' isn't a noun.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Who are these people and why are they not showing up in the polls showing that Obama has a considerable lead on foreign policy? For that matter, why is none of this claim of yours showing up in the polls?
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2012, 01:55:41 PM »

If Romney doesn't show at least a 3point bounce out of the debate then I feel this election is well over with. I mean come on. More than 67 million americans watch the debate and you destroyed Obama at the debate and the best you can do is less than 3 points? I may be too premature here. But after what I saw, I was ready to see huge jumps. Why isn't it happening? What is going on here? On CNN poll of undecided colorado voters, they overwhelmingly gave the win to Romney. Yet when asked who had made up their minds, 8 went for Romney and 8 went for Obama. This is crazy. Now the expectations are set that Romney will win the next debate, if Obama comes swinging, we will be back where we were at, a lead for Obama by 2%.

This electorate is so polarized. If by next week, Obama still leading, the pundits at Fox will be having a major fit.

Well if the CNN focus group is any indicator, perhaps Romney didn't win the debate.  He did win it among men easily, but I think Obama won again with women.   That could keep the numbers stagnant.

They did a focus group with "Walmart Moms."  Romney won the debate unanimously, according to them:  http://www.nationaljournal.com/politics/walmart-moms-romney-won-debate-but-many-still-undecided-20121004

All right. There are, unfortunately for the Romney campaign, undecided voters who are women other than 'Walmart Moms'.
Pages: 1 [2]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies