The Official Obama Approval Ratings Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:20:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  The Official Obama Approval Ratings Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 ... 410
Author Topic: The Official Obama Approval Ratings Thread  (Read 1201167 times)
justfollowingtheelections
unempprof
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #625 on: April 28, 2009, 05:00:47 PM »

I'm more interested in states such as Idaho, Wyoming or Nebraska than Indiana to be honest.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #626 on: April 28, 2009, 05:10:30 PM »

I'm more interested in states such as Idaho, Wyoming or Nebraska than Indiana to be honest.
Are you being sarcastic?
Because I would love to see polling there. I mean, is there any chance Obama could win there in 4 years?
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #627 on: April 28, 2009, 05:13:37 PM »

Are you being sarcastic?
Because I would love to see polling there. I mean, is there any chance Obama could win there in 4 years?

Why would I be sarcastic?
I'm just curious of whether some of these sparsely populated Western states approve of Obama or not.  I just happen to have an interest in why many of these western states are so republican and whether it's for the same reason the South is.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #628 on: April 28, 2009, 05:13:45 PM »

Are you being sarcastic?

Polling by congressional district in Nebraska would be kind of cool, but yeah, do we really need Wyoming polls?
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #629 on: April 28, 2009, 05:25:28 PM »

Are you being sarcastic?

Polling by congressional district in Nebraska would be kind of cool, but yeah, do we really need Wyoming polls?

Why wouldn't we?  Wyoming is the state where the margin between McCain and Obama voters was the greatest.  Wouldn't you be interested in seeing whether they have a different opinion of Obama now that he is actually the president?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #630 on: April 28, 2009, 05:28:34 PM »

pbrower, this site usually uses red for disapproval/no votes, just fyi.

Also SUSA continues to be weird and show gigantic swings and discrepancies between states that should be similar.
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #631 on: April 28, 2009, 05:41:55 PM »

WSJ/NBC

Approve 61%
Disapprove 30%

http://online.wsj.com/public/resources/documents/WSJ_NewsPoll_042809.pdf

Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #632 on: April 28, 2009, 06:07:58 PM »

I mostly want to post this SUSA ad graphic because I find it amusing

Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #633 on: April 28, 2009, 06:35:09 PM »

Looks like a church flier.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #634 on: April 28, 2009, 06:44:01 PM »

Is this honestly what Lunar was waiting for?
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #635 on: April 29, 2009, 12:43:02 AM »

Wisconsin (St. Norbert College, April 1-9, 400 adults)Sad

How satisfied are you with the way President Obama is doing his job overall? Would you say
you are very satisfied, somewhat satisfied, somewhat dissatisfied, or very dissatisfied?

60% Very/Somewhat Satisfied
35% Very/Somewhat Dissatisfied

http://www.snc.edu/surveycenter/docs/2009/national.pdf

Arizona (AZ State University)Sad

53% Approve
36% Disapprove

Support for Obama divides strongly along partisan lines. While 87 percent of Democrats and 68 percent of independents polled gave the president positive ratings, only 32 percent of Republicans said he is doing a good job.

The poll, conducted April 23-26, sampled 390 registered voters, in a split of 40 percent Republican, 34 percent Democrat and 26 percent Independent. The results have a 5 percent margin of error.

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/story/138529
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #636 on: April 29, 2009, 12:47:10 AM »

Utah (Dan Jones/KSL-TV/Deseret News)Sad

53% Approve
43% Disapprove

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=6306801
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #637 on: April 29, 2009, 01:14:38 AM »

my professor runs that poll and I got a 26 page update of it that I have to read for class tomorrow ... and my question that I had proposed didn't get into the poll as I had a remote hope for.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #638 on: April 29, 2009, 02:26:09 AM »

my professor runs that poll and I got a 26 page update of it that I have to read for class tomorrow ... and my question that I had proposed didn't get into the poll as I had a remote hope for.

What was your question?
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #639 on: April 29, 2009, 02:48:28 AM »

Electoralvote.com recognized it (with PPP  on the other side) as a partisan poll.

That said, the 2012 election is far enough away that people can be objective even if they have their biases. 
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #640 on: April 29, 2009, 02:54:09 AM »

Electoralvote.com recognized it (with PPP  on the other side) as a partisan poll.

Weird, on what basis?  They poll mostly for media outlets, and may do polling for the Republicans, but hell Rasmussen did it for the Libertarians.  They've certainly never exhibited any profound GOP bias, so I wouldn't really see it as especially relevant either way.  We have enough of a record to know of one if it were to exist.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #641 on: April 29, 2009, 03:16:25 AM »

Obama Is doing well In the states he won.Here In Missouri people are seeing he Is not the carticure Palin and others were saying.Remember Mccain only won by 4 thousand votes.
Missouri Is the Mccain state most likely to flip In 2012.I am surprised by Kentuckey.Perhapes
White Democrats are coming around.Remember Bill Clinton won It In both 92 and 96.I would be very Intrested In poll out of West Virginia.I am also surprised by him only slightly more disapproved In Alamaba than Approve.I thought It would be higher disapproval.

I disagree with you on Missouri only with one qualification: Arizona seems more likely to flip. Although John McCain carried his home state by 8%, that is decidedly less than the usual effect (about 10-15%) of the Favorite Son effect.  To be sure, Obama did almost as well in 2008 in Massachusetts as did Kerry in 2004 -- Massachusetts wasn't going to vote for any Republican for President in either year, and probably won't for the next twenty. Obama did "only" a little better (7%)  in Illinois than did Kerry in 2004 -- but then, Obama did little campaigning in Illinois.  He did far more campaigning in Indiana, and Indiana responded as if he were a Favorite Son.

Bush won Texas by about 11% more in 2004 than did McCain in 2008.  To be sure, demographic trends (larger Hispanic electorate, more urbanization) might push Texas more toward Obama next time, the Favorite Son effect is significant.  It was enough to get South Dakota to give 45% of its vote for George McGovern in 1972 (one of his best performances in a dreadful result) in contrast to the 35% that he got in North Dakota and the 30% that he got in Nebraska.

Demographics -- Arizona has a fast-growing and young Hispanic electorate and is one of the most urban states in America (greater Phoenix and greater Tucson probably have more than 80% of the state's population) -- suggest that Arizona would have been a tough state for any Republican other than McCain to carry.  I think that Obama could lose Indiana and gain Arizona. The Republicans will not take Indiana for granted next time.

Missouri? With an effective Presidency, Obama wins Missouri -- no question.  
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #642 on: April 29, 2009, 03:29:55 AM »

pbrower, this site usually uses red for disapproval/no votes, just fyi.

Does anyone want to vote on it? I find green and yellow an adequate contrast, and non-partisan. Red and green are opposites, so they are more glaring.   Green and yellow are only 60 degrees away so they have adequate contrast without glare.

I will comply with the result of a vote.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

That was a problem in 2008 for SUSA. But I accept it for now in view of a paucity of polls.

marvelrobbins
Rookie
« Reply #643 on: April 29, 2009, 08:04:48 AM »

Obama Is doing well In the states he won.Here In Missouri people are seeing he Is not the carticure Palin and others were saying.Remember Mccain only won by 4 thousand votes.
Missouri Is the Mccain state most likely to flip In 2012.I am surprised by Kentuckey.Perhapes
White Democrats are coming around.Remember Bill Clinton won It In both 92 and 96.I would be very Intrested In poll out of West Virginia.I am also surprised by him only slightly more disapproved In Alamaba than Approve.I thought It would be higher disapproval.

I disagree with you on Missouri only with one qualification: Arizona seems more likely to flip. Although John McCain carried his home state by 8%, that is decidedly less than the usual effect (about 10-15%) of the Favorite Son effect.  To be sure, Obama did almost as well in 2008 in Massachusetts as did Kerry in 2004 -- Massachusetts wasn't going to vote for any Republican for President in either year, and probably won't for the next twenty. Obama did "only" a little better (7%)  in Illinois than did Kerry in 2004 -- but then, Obama did little campaigning in Illinois.  He did far more campaigning in Indiana, and Indiana responded as if he were a Favorite Son.

Bush won Texas by about 11% more in 2004 than did McCain in 2008.  To be sure, demographic trends (larger Hispanic electorate, more urbanization) might push Texas more toward Obama next time, the Favorite Son effect is significant.  It was enough to get South Dakota to give 45% of its vote for George McGovern in 1972 (one of his best performances in a dreadful result) in contrast to the 35% that he got in North Dakota and the 30% that he got in Nebraska.

Demographics -- Arizona has a fast-growing and young Hispanic electorate and is one of the most urban states in America (greater Phoenix and greater Tucson probably have more than 80% of the state's population) -- suggest that Arizona would have been a tough state for any Republican other than McCain to carry.  I think that Obama could lose Indiana and gain Arizona. The Republicans will not take Indiana for granted next time.

Missouri? With an effective Presidency, Obama wins Missouri -- no question.  

I totaly see your point.I see Arizona as totally flipable.Let's remember while Mccain was the favored son In 2008 he was kinda weak.Obama didn't campagin there except for a commercial In the last week and on Election Eve Mccain felt he had to have a rally In Arizona yet Obama got 45 percent of the vote.
With Mccain off the ticket Arizona Is In play for Obama,and he will campagin there In 2012.A Arizona poll has come out with him at 53 percent approval so winning there Is possable.And also consider
Clinton narrorly lost arizona In 92 but won it In 96

As for Indiana It Is the obama state most likely to flip however don't underestimate Obama.The
Clintons,Mccain,and the congressional Republicans have all made that mistake.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #644 on: April 29, 2009, 08:19:59 AM »

Quinnipiac University:

58% Approve
30% Disapprove

President Obama wins 90 - 4 percent approval from Democrats and 53 - 33 percent approval from independent voters, while Republicans disapprove 59 - 26 percent. Black voters approve 93 - 1 percent, White voters 53 - 35 percent. There is a 10-point gender gap, as women approve 63 - 25 percent while men approve 53 - 35 percent.

From April 21 - 27, Quinnipiac University surveyed 2,041 registered voters nationwide with a margin of error of +/- 2.2 percentage points.

http://www.quinnipiac.edu/x1295.xml?ReleaseID=1291
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #645 on: April 29, 2009, 08:42:08 AM »

Quinnipiac University:

58% Approve
30% Disapprove

President Obama wins 90 - 4 percent approval from Democrats and 53 - 33 percent approval from independent voters, while Republicans disapprove 59 - 26 percent. Black voters approve 93 - 1 percent, White voters 53 - 35 percent. There is a 10-point gender gap, as women approve 63 - 25 percent while men approve 53 - 35 percent.

From April 21 - 27, Quinnipiac University surveyed 2,041 registered voters nationwide with a margin of error of +/- 2.2 percentage points.

Hey at least they were able to find 1% of blacks that disapproved, CBSNews found 0.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #646 on: April 29, 2009, 09:20:04 AM »

Oklahoma (Sooner Poll, April 23-26, 318 Likely Voters)Sad

47% Approve
48% Disapprove

"The only good news for Obama was that, even at 47 percent, his approval rating is higher in Oklahoma than George W. Bush's during the final year of his presidency."

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=11&articleid=20090429_16_A1_OLHMIY212294
You kip if you want to...
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« Reply #647 on: April 29, 2009, 09:59:53 AM »

How come Utah is giving Obama good numbers considering how deeply red (Atlas:Blue) it is?
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #648 on: April 29, 2009, 10:20:19 AM »

How come Utah is giving Obama good numbers considering how deeply red (Atlas:Blue) it is?

Because it's a crap poll. Smiley
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #649 on: April 29, 2009, 10:27:42 AM »

Quinnipiac University:

58% Approve
30% Disapprove

Hey at least they were able to find 1% of blacks that disapproved, CBSNews found 0.

Apparently Michael Steele couldn't answer the phone when the CBS pollster called but he was there for the Quinnipiac one.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 ... 410  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies