The Official Obama Approval Ratings Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 10:32:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  The Official Obama Approval Ratings Thread (search mode)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: The Official Obama Approval Ratings Thread  (Read 1216758 times)
DariusNJ

« Reply #75 on: April 05, 2010, 11:52:38 AM »
« edited: April 05, 2010, 11:54:45 AM by DariusNJ »

The horror scenario for Republicans concerning 2012 is taking shape.

Obama creates jobs and his poll numbers rise:

Friday’s report on job creation has provided a boost in both consumer and investor confidence. Confidence is now back to where it was when Lehman Brothers collapsed in the fall of 2008. Since release of the employment data, the number of unaffiliated voters who Strongly Approve of the President’s performance has increased from 20% to 27%. Forty-five percent (45%) of unaffiliateds still Strongly Disapprove.

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Monday shows that 34% of the nation's voters Strongly Approve of the way that Barack Obama is performing his role as President. Forty-one percent (41%) Strongly Disapprove giving Obama a Presidential Approval Index rating of -7. These are the President’s best ratings since February 1.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/obama_administration/daily_presidential_tracking_poll

Overall:

49% Approve (+3)
51% Disapprove (-2)

Also: Thx to all for the already 200.000 clicks on this topic ... Smiley

That's good news. I think we also have to give credit to the fact that he announced support for offshore drilling, which is wildly popular. (72% supported it in a Rasmussen poll on April 2)

Not to mention that the health care debate is not in the news nearly as much.
DariusNJ

« Reply #76 on: April 05, 2010, 04:28:11 PM »

Nevada (Rasmussen)Sad

42% Approve
58% Disapprove

This statewide telephone survey of 500 Likely Voters in Nevada was conducted by Rasmussen Reports March 31, 2010. The margin of sampling error for the survey is +/- 4.5 percentage points with a 95% level of confidence.

Seems a few points too low, although I agree that he is below 50 in Nevada.
DariusNJ

« Reply #77 on: April 30, 2010, 03:14:54 PM »

Seems pretty stable in the high 40's, when is something exciting going to happen? Sad
DariusNJ

« Reply #78 on: May 02, 2010, 11:19:17 AM »

Indiana (SurveyUSA)Sad

34% Approve
57% Disapprove

This SurveyUSA poll was conducted by telephone in the voice of a professional announcer. Respondent households were selected at random, using a registration  based sample (RBS) provided by Aristotle, of Washington DC. All respondents heard the  questions asked identically. The calls were conducted from April 22 through 26.

http://www.scribd.com/INSenPollRCP/d/30717107

I'd take that with a grain of salt. I just read it, it says that 77% of people who said they voted for Obama still approve of him. 90% of people who voted for McCain dissaprove.
DariusNJ

« Reply #79 on: May 16, 2010, 06:28:50 PM »

I've not really been paying attention, but since we're only about 2 years away from serious campaign season, I'll start paying attention. 

So who's really more trustworthy here? 

Rasmussen is showing Obama at -7

Gallup is showing him at +11

That's a huge difference, what are their methods if they are tracking this every day?  I'm inclined to believe Gallup more because they've been doing Presidential approval for almost a century now and I remember Rasmussen's numbers always seemingly to be skewed towards the GOP a bit. 

Somewhere in between the two. Honestly, I look at the pollster.com average, it mixes all these polls together. Right now it has Obama in positive territory, albeit narrowly.
DariusNJ

« Reply #80 on: May 22, 2010, 05:26:46 PM »

Rasmussen Obama (National)

Approve 48% +2

Disapprove 52% -1

"Strongly Approve" is at 27%, -1.  "Strongly Disapprove" is at 42%, -1.

So I guess it was a bad sample for the last few days.

I disapprove, I am really disappointed (to say the least) at his response to this oil spill.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies