The Official Obama Approval Ratings Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:13:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  The Official Obama Approval Ratings Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 ... 410
Author Topic: The Official Obama Approval Ratings Thread  (Read 1206396 times)
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1375 on: July 09, 2009, 08:26:03 PM »

Obama is down to 51% in Rassy and down to  56% in the RCP average.

Don't worry, Dems, I'm sure that Obama is as invincible as you've all told us for months.

I'm not worried considering Saint Reagan was sitting at 35% in Gallup as of January 1983

Saint Reagan's won because the economy recovered in the second half of '83.  So Obama should be fine if the next election doesn't happen until 2017.
I don't see how the economy would take that long to recover when almost every group of economists has predicted the recovery to start in 2010...

If those economists keep talking about how the recovery will begin next year, and then it doesn't... it makes Obama look worse than if they had said nothing at all. They're building up expectations and if those expectations aren't met, it will be the perception that it's the government's fault. Mind you, if they were wandering around, saying how things are going to get worse and the economy won't pick up for another six years or something - and then it does pick up next year... well, people will be hailing the great economic manager in the White House.
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.97, S: -0.70

« Reply #1376 on: July 09, 2009, 08:36:40 PM »

New polls today:

Obama is slipping some -- probably because he is out of the country.

Expect to see more yellow on that map within 6 to 12 months.
And a lot more green in 18 to 24...
Doubt that, Obama approval ratings are not looking too hot, not pleasing alot of people by leaving the country and not focusing on what the US needs.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1377 on: July 09, 2009, 08:54:04 PM »

The las trip probably helped, but not this one.  We're approaching that six months mark.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1378 on: July 09, 2009, 09:02:41 PM »

Don't worry, Dems, I'm sure that Obama is as invincible as you've all told us for months.

I'm not worried considering Saint Reagan was sitting at 35% in Gallup as of January 1983

Saint Reagan's won because the economy recovered in the second half of '83.  So Obama should be fine if the next election doesn't happen until 2017.
I don't see how the economy would take that long to recover when almost every group of economists has predicted the recovery to start in 2010...

The same economists who didn't see the crash coming?  The same economists who now have to admit their stimulus projections were wrong because they underestimated the recession?

No, the same economists that said that the GOP neutering of the stimulus bill would slow the recovery because Republicans underestimated the recession.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1379 on: July 09, 2009, 09:43:25 PM »

The las trip probably helped, but not this one.  We're approaching that six months mark.

This one is even more important because the Russian leadership has more to say about whether our Korea policy works -- or doesn't -- except for the leadership of the PRC. 

Should the mad tyrant of North Korea vaporize an American city with a missile and a nuke, then President Obama's approval ratings in recent weeks won't matter; they will then fall precipitously. 38 or 62 the day before? They will be in the teens within a week.

Oh -- Obama was able to get Russia to allow American access to Afghanistan through Russia. Nice deal, likely with good effects.

Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #1380 on: July 10, 2009, 12:27:47 AM »

Ohio (Research 2000/DailyKos)Sad

59% Favorable
35% Unfavorable

The Research 2000 Ohio Poll was conducted from July 6 through July 8, 2009. A total of 600 likely voters who vote regularly in state elections were interviewed statewide by telephone.

http://www.dailykos.com/statepoll/2009/7/8/OH/313
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1381 on: July 10, 2009, 12:44:23 AM »

I mark 'em down, so I also mark 'em up. Same day, same state, and one pivotal in the last three Presidential elections, so I average it (Ohio):

.... Mississippi, North Dakota, and Montana have yet to show up, and there are some old polls that I'd like to see get superseded (notably Arizona and Colorado, but also a bunch of southern states).

Note well that after Obama took a foreign junket during the 2008 campaign, his polls slipped some.  The same effect may apply this time, too.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #1382 on: July 10, 2009, 12:46:38 AM »

Michigan (EPIC-MRA/Detroit News/WXYZ)Sad

Now, I would like to read a list of several political figures. For each one, please tell me if you recognize the name, and if you do, whether you have a favorable or unfavorable opinion of that person.

Barack Obama

60% Favorable
34% Unfavorable

Jennifer Granholm

44% Favorable
52% Unfavorable

Debbie Stabenow

48% Favorable
36% Unfavorable

Overall, how would you rate the job being done by Barack Obama as President -- would you give him a positive rating of excellent or pretty good, or a negative rating of just fair or poor?

57% Positive Rating
42% Negative Rating

Overall, how would you rate the job being done by Jennifer Granholm as Michigan's Governor -- would you give her a positive rating of excellent or pretty good, or a negative rating of just fair or poor?

32% Positive Rating
66% Negative Rating

How would you rate the job being done by Debbie Stabenow as U.S. Senator -- would you give her a positive rating of excellent or pretty good, or a negative rating of just fair or poor?

40% Positive Rating
46% Negative Rating

http://www.detnews.com/article/20090709/POLITICS02/907090491
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #1383 on: July 10, 2009, 12:52:23 AM »

New Hampshire (University of NH)Sad

61% Approve
33% Disapprove

62% Favorable
30% Unfavorable

These findings are based on the latest Granite State Poll, conducted by the University of New Hampshire Survey Center. 558 randomly selected New Hampshire adults were interviewed by telephone between June 24 and July 1, 2009. The margin of sampling error for the survey is +/-4.1 percent.

http://www.unh.edu/survey-center/news/pdf/gsp2009_summer_presapp70909.pdf
Farage
Elvis Republican
Cape Verde

« Reply #1384 on: July 10, 2009, 01:16:16 AM »

tender you forgot to add texas ...
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #1385 on: July 10, 2009, 01:17:44 AM »

The same economists who didn't see the crash coming?  The same economists who now have to admit their stimulus projections were wrong because they underestimated the recession?

No, the same economists that said that the GOP neutering of the stimulus bill would slow the recovery because Republicans underestimated the recession.

It is amazing that it took only six months for the left's argument to reach this point.

The failure of Keynesianism is evidence of the need for more Keynesianism!

Your arguments have reached the point where nothing is ever falsifiable.  If your polices fail, you can always excuse the failure by saying your policies were not sufficiently pure.  You never have to re-examine your premises or think seriously about where you went wrong, you just have to shout louder.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #1386 on: July 10, 2009, 01:19:22 AM »

I´m not creating the maps ... Tongue
Farage
Elvis Republican
Cape Verde

« Reply #1387 on: July 10, 2009, 01:20:26 AM »

59% Favorable
35% Unfavorable

The Research 2000 Ohio Poll was conducted from July 6 through July 8, 2009. A total of 600 likely voters who vote regularly in state elections were interviewed statewide by telephone.

well it's from daily kos which is far left, quinnipac is more independent IMO
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1388 on: July 10, 2009, 01:29:22 AM »

59% Favorable
35% Unfavorable

lol, not this again.
Farage
Elvis Republican
Cape Verde

« Reply #1389 on: July 10, 2009, 01:31:41 AM »

59% Favorable
35% Unfavorable

lol, not this again.
well the average of both polls might be  the correct rate Wink
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #1390 on: July 10, 2009, 01:39:19 AM »

Minnesota Preview

Tomorrow we're releasing a poll looking at how Minnesota voters view Barack Obama, Sarah Palin, and Tim Pawlenty and how Obama does in a head to head against the Republicans.

There is some good news for Republicans in the numbers, but here are a couple key points:

-Only 6% of respondents who say they approve of Obama's job performance indicated they would support Pawlenty against him- not much of a 'home field' advantage for the state's Governor.

-As for Palin, well, all I can say is Goldwater.

So let's guess:

The release will be 39% Independent, 34% Democratic and 27% Republican.

I guess Obama gets a rating of about 49-43 among MN Independents, 87-9 among Democrats and 15-78 among Republicans.

That means Obama will have a roughly 53-41 approval rating in Minnesota.

Pawlenty gets just 6% of people who approve of Obama, which is roughly 3% of his total share. Let's say he gets 90% of the people that disapprove of Obama, which is another 37%.

So, Pawlenty will have the support of 40% of Minnesota voters against Obama.

Let's say Obama gets 85% of people who approve of him (45%) and 10% of people that disapprove (4%).

Bottom line: Obama leads Pawlenty by about 49-40 in todays PPP release.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1391 on: July 10, 2009, 01:49:42 AM »

Assessment of the likelihood of Obama winning certain states in 2012 (by sequence):

First five for Obama: deep red   
Second ten for Obama: red
Third five for Obama: pink
Fourth two for Obama:orange
Fourth five for a generic Republican: aqua
Third five for generic Republican: light blue
Second ten for generic Republican: blue
First five for generic Republican: deep blue

All others are in white.

Obama will have to win anything in a reddish color or pale orange as well as one in white to win. The generic Republican dares not lose anything in any shade of red, orange, or white.

pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1392 on: July 10, 2009, 01:53:38 AM »

The Texas poll today pitted Obama against Romney, and although it gave a slight lead to Obama, it was something like 39-36 with so many undecided (obviously!) that it is worthless even at its purpose. 

I'm surprised that so few Texas voters know about Romney.
Farage
Elvis Republican
Cape Verde

« Reply #1393 on: July 10, 2009, 01:59:45 AM »

The Texas poll today pitted Obama against Romney, and although it gave a slight lead to Obama, it was something like 39-36 with so many undecided (obviously!) that it is worthless even at its purpose. 

I'm surprised that so few Texas voters know about Romney.
Job Approval / Disapproval
Gov. Perry: 42 / 32
Pres. Obama: 43 / 46

Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1394 on: July 10, 2009, 02:03:00 AM »

It is amazing that it took only six months for the left's argument to reach this point.

Your arguments have reached the point where nothing is ever falsifiable.  If your polices fail, you can always excuse the failure by saying your policies were not sufficiently pure.  You never have to re-examine your premises or think seriously about where you went wrong, you just have to shout louder.

Why does an econimic genius like you continues to argue with some unwashed losers hanging at a politics forum?
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #1395 on: July 10, 2009, 03:08:53 AM »

Why does an econimic genius like you continues to argue with some unwashed losers hanging at a politics forum?

I am truly benevolent.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1396 on: July 10, 2009, 05:41:50 AM »

I am truly benevolent.

Just one of your inumerable virtues.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #1397 on: July 10, 2009, 09:28:14 AM »

Ford is one of the smartest posters on this forum PX. Sit down, shut up and learn something from the man. He's actually been involved in REAL politics, child.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1398 on: July 10, 2009, 11:14:38 AM »

Ford is one of the smartest posters on this forum PX. Sit down, shut up and learn something from the man. He's actually been involved in REAL politics, child.

If he is all those things you say, then he doesn't need a pimp.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1399 on: July 10, 2009, 11:30:14 AM »

I will gladly take Keynesian economics over supply-side theory any day of the week. Comparing the historcial performance of each, as well as the logic behind both theories, it's clear Keynes had it right and supply side is a dismal failure.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 ... 410  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies