The Official Obama Approval Ratings Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:20:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  The Official Obama Approval Ratings Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 ... 410
Author Topic: The Official Obama Approval Ratings Thread  (Read 1205563 times)
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1475 on: July 20, 2009, 09:06:53 PM »

Agreed. First, he needs to forge a consensus among Democrats. No wonder confidence is slipping, if they cannot so much as form a group of two Roll Eyes. Republicans, no doubt, will be scratching around somewhere in that dogma of theirs but, all the while health care costs were rising, emaciating the middle class and having a detrimental impact on economic growth and job creation, I don't recall them doing anything about it. Nero fiddled while Rome burned, but the Republicans only snored

Still maybe the president is pushing the ideological comfort zone - and conservatives are spinning what is pragmatically center-left as radical left - but that is leadership Smiley. Any Tom, Dick or George the Inept can cut taxes, that's as easy as pie but raising them, however, modestly, to - shock horror - pay for what is needed takes bottle

The primary role of government is the welfare, and the national security, of its people - and it doesn't run on fresh air

I'll be honest bipartisanship looks and sounds good - and it can be good Smiley - but I have sore misgivings as to whether Republicans are any more rational than they were when Bush the Inept was running the show. It infuriates me the state of things he broke his neck to bequeath

Hell, to think that I was looking forward to quiet life once Obama was elected. So much for the post-ideological era. It won't work when only one side is looking for solutions while the other lot seem to be doing their damdest to encapsulate Einstein's definition of insanity - doing the same thing over and over, yet expecting different results

Hopefully the Republicans will be more like the Gingrich congress.

The problem Obama has is not selling universal coverage, people of all political views agree on that, but controlling costs. So far, he has yet to convince anybody that the health care bill will lower the rising cost of health care. Add the enormous budget deficit, and Obama is going to have a very hard time getting this legislation passed.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #1476 on: July 21, 2009, 12:05:33 AM »

Silly question, but how can a poll show two different results from the same company...?

That has been the case before. The difference is probably due to different sample size and something that is called the Margin of Error.

The Tracking Poll has roughly 520 interviews each day.

This USAToday poll has roughly 340 interviews each day.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #1477 on: July 21, 2009, 12:08:01 AM »

Texas (Rasmussen)Sad

47% Approve
51% Disapprove

This statewide telephone survey of 1,000 Likely Voters in Texas was conducted by Rasmussen Reports July 15, 2009. The margin of sampling error for the survey is +/- 3 percentage points with a 95% level of confidence.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/general_state_surveys/texas/toplines/toplines_texas_july_15_2009
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #1478 on: July 21, 2009, 12:09:39 AM »

That's rather good for Obama in Texas, because Rasmussen had Obama at 51/52% approval nationally on July 15. Only 4-5% less compared with the nation is a nice showing.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #1479 on: July 21, 2009, 12:36:07 AM »

The actual (partial) approval ratings for Obama in MN are:

38% Strongly Approve
35% Strongly Disapprove

http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/dpp/news/politics/Rasmussen_Poll_Shows_Party_Polarization_Over_Elected_Officials_july_20_2009
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1480 on: July 21, 2009, 01:10:15 AM »

That's rather good for Obama in Texas, because Rasmussen had Obama at 51/52% approval nationally on July 15. Only 4-5% less compared with the nation is a nice showing.

That really doesn't square with his national polling at all. Whatever.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1481 on: July 21, 2009, 01:45:31 AM »

The 47-51 in Texas looks more ominous for Obama than it is, but such are the rules:

○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #1482 on: July 21, 2009, 02:01:43 AM »

The 47-51 in Texas looks more ominous for Obama than it is, but such are the rules:

So, Florida disapproves of Obama while Utah approves? That's interesting.
the artist formerly known as catmusic
catmusic
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.16, S: -7.91

P
« Reply #1483 on: July 21, 2009, 02:31:37 AM »

And whatheck is up with NV? Holy crap don't tell me its gonna go republican!
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #1484 on: July 21, 2009, 08:24:30 AM »

Agreed. First, he needs to forge a consensus among Democrats. No wonder confidence is slipping, if they cannot so much as form a group of two Roll Eyes. Republicans, no doubt, will be scratching around somewhere in that dogma of theirs but, all the while health care costs were rising, emaciating the middle class and having a detrimental impact on economic growth and job creation, I don't recall them doing anything about it. Nero fiddled while Rome burned, but the Republicans only snored

Still maybe the president is pushing the ideological comfort zone - and conservatives are spinning what is pragmatically center-left as radical left - but that is leadership Smiley. Any Tom, Dick or George the Inept can cut taxes, that's as easy as pie but raising them, however, modestly, to - shock horror - pay for what is needed takes bottle

The primary role of government is the welfare, and the national security, of its people - and it doesn't run on fresh air

I'll be honest bipartisanship looks and sounds good - and it can be good Smiley - but I have sore misgivings as to whether Republicans are any more rational than they were when Bush the Inept was running the show. It infuriates me the state of things he broke his neck to bequeath

Hell, to think that I was looking forward to quiet life once Obama was elected. So much for the post-ideological era. It won't work when only one side is looking for solutions while the other lot seem to be doing their damdest to encapsulate Einstein's definition of insanity - doing the same thing over and over, yet expecting different results

Hopefully the Republicans will be more like the Gingrich congress.

The problem Obama has is not selling universal coverage, people of all political views agree on that, but controlling costs. So far, he has yet to convince anybody that the health care bill will lower the rising cost of health care. Add the enormous budget deficit, and Obama is going to have a very hard time getting this legislation passed.

The deficit never stopped Republicans in Congress from granting Bush the Inept his every whim and folly!

So lets look at the starting point of the Bush and Obama presidencies. There is a world of difference between a Republican inheriting a robust economy which had generated 23 million new jobs only to bequeath his Democratic successor a broken economy haemorrhaging jobs at a rate not seen since the recession of the early 1980s - and that's after $1.6 trillion in tax cuts!. They, obviously, fell short. That's no record to be proud of but there was a man who revelled in his own ineptitude more than any pig ever revelled rollicking around in its own muck. "I got an A in cutting taxes". And? Anybody can cut taxes, that doesn't take balls

The primary cause of the budget deficit is the fiscal ineptitude and an abdication of responsibility on the part of George W Bush and a servile party in Congress. Cutting taxes at a time of prosperity, when the federal government was living well within its means? Hell, that's a level of insanity verging on the indefensible

Seems to me that the entire raison d'etre of the contemporary Republican Party is that because they so were so God dam abysmal in government, it's proof positive that government doesn't work. They've predicted catatrophe with just about any reasonable piece of domestic legislation since the 'New Deal'; yet when it comes down to it, in the post-Depression era, when it comes to robust economic growth; a more equitable rise in prosperity and job creation, the Democratic record, collectively, trumps that of Republicans

Very little of the current deficit can be attributed to this president but he'll get all the blame; and while the 'Great Recession' rages, the deficits aren't going to get any better, which means that Obama is going to have to make tough choices as far raising taxes and/or cutting spending goes, which Bush neither had the bottle nor the brains to address

What would have happened to a Democratic president in 2004 had he been as fiscally reckless? It would have been a big issue, as it happens it was non-issue. Indeed, for Dick Cheney, Saint Reagan was proof positive that deficits didn't matter but the same logic, surprise, surprise can't hold now that a Democrat is president and his party controls Congress. Can't be having any of that?

And don't get me started on Gingrich, Pond Life by name, as well as by nature. That sanctimonious hypocritical scumbag who instigated a persecuting witch hunt against Bill Clinton. That far right nut is the reason why relations on Capitol Hill are so bloody toxic to this day. He was given the Speaker's gavel by the right of his party. Pelosi owes hers to the electoral success of moderate Democrats. Moderate Republicans, on the other hand, are a dying breed. Liberal Republicans are extinct

There was a time when Democrats and Republicans could knuckle-down, work together and get things done but today when you have an entire party, more or less, in thrall to the same dogmatic excess wherein all the causation lies for the 'Great Recession', bipartisanship - despite this president's sincere and genuine attempts at it. [Yes, he had a "liberal" voting record in the Senate; but all that tells me is that he had the good sense not to find much ground with Republican irrationalism - and, my oh my, look at the consequences of that]

The simple truth is that liberals are the pragmatists and conservatives the radicals - and failed reactionary ones at that! I'm giving Obama his fair shot, he's been dealt a very poor hand - and Bush wants to think a thousand shames of himself. And as Sen. Tom Harkin of Iowa would say "It makes my blood boil"

A prediction, if Obama falls short it sharply diminishes his chances of re-election but there will be none of that Bush atttitude. "Hell, I've screwed-up so bad, I'm going to do my damdest to make sure the other guy has an impossible task ahead of him".

When conservatism returns to its pragmatic Burkean roots (Burke was no radical) sentiments, on my part, might change. That said, I'm a Christian Democrat, so "fusionism" was never going to rest well on my conscience. Capitalism either works for the well-being of all, or it doesn't work at all

The middle class are the lifeblood of the economy but when they become emaciated to the extent that they have that only serves to economic good whatsoever. Even in 2004, more than 80% of Americans felt they gained nothing from the Bush tax cuts. There was a pretty illuminating article I read, back then, entitled "Bush: By Numbers" - and it was a damming indictment - but a majority didn't take any notice. More fools them

Godspeed to this president because the reactionary forces in thrall to special interests are out to scupper him. It's clear he's going to be held to a higher standard than George W Bush ever was - that's the about the only certainty - and, being a meritocrat, that's exactly how it should be. And ain't merit a funny thing consideing what would George W Bush ever have accomplished, politically, were it not for him being the drone-like eldest son of a blue-blooded Yankee Republican who relocated to Texas? Texas had a popular Democratic governor. There was never any need for him and there certainly wasn't any need for him in January 2001

Surprising as it may seem, I didn't dislike Bush personally until Katrina because strumming away there while New Orleans flooded as though he had not a care in the world informed just exactly who he was. It didn't look very appropriate

Anyway, this is an Obama approvals rating thread but, as the Good Lord Knoweth, when things need to be said, I'll say it. I speak my mind without fear or favor, I've never been afraid to stand behind my own beliefs

Signed: Without Prejudice*

* Because Barack and the Democrats will be getting a kick up the jacksy, when they need it as well. In many respects, I'm tougher on my own kind than I am on the other lot. It's a question of standards. And ya either got 'em or ya ain't and folks I got 'em Wink

Anyway I'm off to kip before Rasmussen (R) brings on another busted blood vessel
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1485 on: July 21, 2009, 08:45:34 AM »

The poll for Utah is old -- really old. It could be that Obama had not done anything to offend Mormon sensibilities.
Farage
Elvis Republican
Cape Verde

« Reply #1486 on: July 21, 2009, 11:05:39 AM »

Latest newsweek poll!!!

Obama approval:
approve- 69 pc
dissaprove-18 pc
Farage
Elvis Republican
Cape Verde

« Reply #1487 on: July 21, 2009, 11:06:14 AM »

Latest newsweek poll!!!

Obama approval:
approve- 69 pc
dissaprove-18 pc
well that's the kind of poll I hate. Tongue
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #1488 on: July 21, 2009, 11:50:28 AM »

Latest newsweek poll!!!

Obama approval:
approve- 69 pc
dissaprove-18 pc

Is the party I/D something like 48% Dem, 20% Rep or something?
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #1489 on: July 21, 2009, 12:02:28 PM »

Can't find the Newsweek poll Huh

But meanwhile down at Rasmussen [7/21/09] its:

Approve 51% (+1); Disapprove 47% (-2)

RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1490 on: July 21, 2009, 12:04:25 PM »

I think he was making it up...
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #1491 on: July 21, 2009, 12:19:05 PM »

Taking the mickey, is he?
You kip if you want to...
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« Reply #1492 on: July 21, 2009, 12:47:44 PM »

Latest newsweek poll!!!

Obama approval:
approve- 69 pc
dissaprove-18 pc

Latest rass poll!!!

Obama approval:
Approve - 21%
Disapprove - 79%
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #1493 on: July 21, 2009, 01:29:33 PM »

New Jersey (Strategic Vision)Sad

50% Approve
40% Disapprove

(official numbers will be released later)
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1494 on: July 21, 2009, 01:46:36 PM »

All these statewide polls tell me that Obama has only moderate approval in most states, but very strong in Democratic strongholds. This is good news for both sides in a way. The GOP can make inroads into lean-Dem states, while the Democrats have a solid wall of states they will almost definitely hold.
Farage
Elvis Republican
Cape Verde

« Reply #1495 on: July 21, 2009, 02:11:09 PM »

well indeed it was a joke ^^
it's because i hate newsweek polls just like abc polls are jokes and i hate it
Farage
Elvis Republican
Cape Verde

« Reply #1496 on: July 21, 2009, 02:12:21 PM »

Latest newsweek poll!!!

Obama approval:
approve- 69 pc
dissaprove-18 pc

Latest rass poll!!!

Obama approval:
Approve - 21%
Disapprove - 79%
lol
but rasmussen polls are more fair than newsweek's Wink
You kip if you want to...
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« Reply #1497 on: July 21, 2009, 02:19:38 PM »

Latest newsweek poll!!!

Obama approval:
approve- 69 pc
dissaprove-18 pc

Latest rass poll!!!

Obama approval:
Approve - 21%
Disapprove - 79%
lol

Of course, only the right leaning pollsters are ever fair...
Farage
Elvis Republican
Cape Verde

« Reply #1498 on: July 21, 2009, 03:26:02 PM »

Latest newsweek poll!!!

Obama approval:
approve- 69 pc
dissaprove-18 pc

Latest rass poll!!!

Obama approval:
Approve - 21%
Disapprove - 79%
lol

Of course, only the right leaning pollsters are ever fair...
no that's not my point
before election day
rasmussen had obama leading by 6 while newsweek had obama leading by 13 or something.
I was laughing of loud ...
Farage
Elvis Republican
Cape Verde

« Reply #1499 on: July 21, 2009, 03:26:51 PM »

and according to newsweek, 35 pc of americans are liberal.
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 ... 410  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies