The Official Obama Approval Ratings Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:48:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  The Official Obama Approval Ratings Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 77 ... 410
Author Topic: The Official Obama Approval Ratings Thread  (Read 1206301 times)
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1775 on: August 06, 2009, 03:30:23 PM »

But the Dems seem to have selective outrage. It's okay to mock Bush, but not okay to mock Obama.

Mockery of George W. Bush began early when many questioned whether he had been elected fair-and-square. That faded on 9/11. It began anew as reports emerged that the basis of the invasion of Iraq was specious, and intensified after the bungled response to Hurricane Katrina.

Anyone who fouls up as badly as Dubya did, and not only for holding the "wrong" ideology, deserves mockery. But even the great ones (except perhaps Washington) get mockery. Lincoln did, and FDR did.  

Question: is the mockery valid?

By this standard, it would be okay to mock Obama for botching his swearing in. I can only imagine what it would have been like if Bush had done that.

It's the Chief Justice who choked -- not Barack Obama.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
?

... I figure that President Obama had a retake done in some back office to make the swearing-in official in the event of some embarrassing questions.

I'm surprised that some have yet to question the legitimacy of our President because of the botching of the Oath of Office.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #1776 on: August 06, 2009, 11:45:07 PM »

Ipsos/McClatchy (1005 Adults)Sad

58% Approve
37% Disapprove

Quinnipiac (2409 RV)Sad

50% Approve
42% Disapprove

New Jersey (Rasmussen, 500 LV)Sad

56% Approve
43% Disapprove

New Jersey (R2000/DailyKos, 600 LV)Sad

62% Favorable
31% Unfavorable

Virginia (R2000/DailyKos, 600 LV)Sad

51% Favorable
44% Unfavorable
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1777 on: August 07, 2009, 08:13:54 AM »

I'm tired of hearing democrats whine, If your going tobeat the s*** out of our president when he's in office, then we "Right WINGZ MORALFAGS, TERROSIRTZZZZ" have the same right to do to your president.

First with Conservatives being a threat ot HLS, Now GOPhers hiring mobs to make Specter, Sebelius and other democrats cry.

I mean, Come on. I know osme one will say that the GOP is no better with the stupid birther thing. It's BS

But guess what, I'm one of those 42% of GOPhers who think Obama was born in America.

I'd like to see the GOP drop the Astroturf politics of setting up pseudo-populist right-wing activity (made to look grass-roots but choreographed as rigidly as a Busby Berkeley dance number) and disrupting Town Hall meetings. If you are from Kalamazoo and you are in a town hall meeting for the Congressional representative for greater South Bend-Elkhart, at least be polite. There is an appropriate time and place for debating who should be President, and that ended on November 4 and January 20, depending on your taste.

Of course the "Obama isn't a real American" meme must.... die. We are stuck with him, and if his efforts are honest and his message coherent, then such is an improvement over what preceded him. He won the President fair, square, and decisively despite all sorts of personal attributes that don't ordinarily go with the Presidency. He looks little like any prior President, he has an uncharacteristic name for a President, and he has had an unusually-swift tise to power.

I have big problems with some of the activities of those who show disrespect for Members of Congress and by allusion to those who voted for them. 

You are welcome to believe whatever you want about whether the GOP endorses such tactics, opposes them, or treats them as something to disavow or exploit as is convenient:

http://blogs.cqpolitics.com/balance_of_power/2009/08/steele-on-protesters-dont-look.html

You must be logged in to read this quote.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1778 on: August 07, 2009, 08:18:33 AM »

One state changes in the absence of a large battery of recent statewide polls, if not a big change, but the state in question (Virginia) is as critical as they get:

marvelrobbins
Rookie
« Reply #1779 on: August 07, 2009, 12:35:01 PM »

Gallup new numbers

Approve 58%
Disapprove 36%
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1780 on: August 07, 2009, 01:01:34 PM »

Gallup new numbers

Approve 58%
Disapprove 36%

Wow...Gallup has been all over the place lately.
You kip if you want to...
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« Reply #1781 on: August 07, 2009, 01:47:02 PM »
« Edited: August 07, 2009, 01:49:47 PM by Reelect In 2012 »

Gallup new numbers

Approve 58%
Disapprove 36%

"Bill Clinton: Korean Saviour" bounce.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #1782 on: August 08, 2009, 12:08:29 AM »

Gallup new numbers

Approve 58%
Disapprove 36%

"Bill Clinton: Korean Saviour" bounce.

Yes, that, the economy, Sotomayor, and the liquidation of the Taleban Terrorist probably, diverting attention from domestic agendas like health care.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #1783 on: August 08, 2009, 12:53:26 AM »

Gallup new numbers

Approve 58%
Disapprove 36%

Isn't that kind of like saying "the sky is blue" or "the Pope is Catholic" or something similar.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1784 on: August 08, 2009, 03:00:23 AM »

Gallup new numbers

Approve 58%
Disapprove 36%

Isn't that kind of like saying "the sky is blue" or "the Pope is Catholic" or something similar.

Well, someone could argue than the Pope betrayed the rules of the Catholic Church and than the sky is white because the weather is overcast. By being all the over the place, they are sure to be right sometimes.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #1785 on: August 08, 2009, 08:25:39 AM »

Rasmussen today:

50% Approve
50% Disapprove
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1786 on: August 08, 2009, 03:23:13 PM »

Does Rasmussen not let responders answer undecided? Because I still think it's kind of ridiculous that no one doesn't have an opinion (or is neutral or something).
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #1787 on: August 08, 2009, 03:27:39 PM »

I guess people don't think they have that option. This is the question:

"How would you rate the job Barack Obama has been doing as President… do you strongly approve, somewhat approve, somewhat disapprove, or strongly disapprove of the job he’s been doing?"
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1788 on: August 08, 2009, 04:24:04 PM »

I'd expect a bounce for Obama after Friday's economic numbers. CNBC was having an orgasm proclaiming "America is back!" and "the new bull market!" all because we only lost 200,000 jobs. The media is now pushing this narrative.
Nhoj
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.52, S: -7.74

« Reply #1789 on: August 08, 2009, 04:44:09 PM »

I'd expect a bounce for Obama after Friday's economic numbers. CNBC was having an orgasm proclaiming "America is back!" and "the new bull market!" all because we only lost 200,000 jobs. The media is now pushing this narrative.
CNBC was pretty much saying the economy was fine tell Lehman bros went under so this shouldnt come as a surprise.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1790 on: August 08, 2009, 04:49:02 PM »

CNBC was pretty much saying the economy was fine tell Lehman bros went under so this shouldnt come as a surprise.

It's not a surprise, but I was a bit surprised how jubilant they were. Kudlow had some people on claiming we should see 3-3.5% growth during the rest of the year and into 2010, and that it is time to put all of your money into stocks.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1791 on: August 08, 2009, 06:06:04 PM »

It's not a surprise, but I was a bit surprised how jubilant they were. Kudlow had some people on claiming we should see 3-3.5% growth during the rest of the year and into 2010, and that it is time to put all of your money into stocks.

And to think that some people accused Jon Stewart of being excessively nasty with these fools. Roll Eyes
I wonder when will be the day when the investors will invade the channel and beat the crap out of these clowns.
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1792 on: August 08, 2009, 06:14:18 PM »

Generally, the deeper the recession, the more powerful the recovery.  The 1991 and 2001 recessions had such weak and slow recoveries because those recessions were not very deep.  If you look at the 1980-1982 recession(which was comparable to the 2007-2009 recession), it had a pretty quick and strong recovery. 
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1793 on: August 08, 2009, 06:18:23 PM »

These people need to get real jobs...
DariusNJ

« Reply #1794 on: August 09, 2009, 06:46:14 PM »

Gallup is back down to 55\38.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1795 on: August 09, 2009, 10:44:57 PM »

His numbers are currently right where they were when he was elected, right? I would think this is all to be expected. He is pushing the agenda he promised, so this is just all those Republicans that were drawn to Obama's personality, rather than his policy, returning where they really stand.

Panic only hits when he falls below 50% approval I would imagine.
Zarn
YaBB God

« Reply #1796 on: August 10, 2009, 12:24:42 AM »

His numbers are currently right where they were when he was elected, right? I would think this is all to be expected. He is pushing the agenda he promised, so this is just all those Republicans that were drawn to Obama's personality, rather than his policy, returning where they really stand.

Panic only hits when he falls below 50% approval I would imagine.

No, his approvals were higher than his vote total.
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #1797 on: August 10, 2009, 06:00:48 AM »

Gallup just released 50 states, but they are from January-June polling so I have no idea what to make of it. Pretty much meaningless numbers.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/122165/Obama-Approval-Highest-D.C.-Hawaii-Vermont.aspx
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1798 on: August 10, 2009, 06:31:42 AM »

Gallup just released 50 states, but they are from January-June polling so I have no idea what to make of it. Pretty much meaningless numbers.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/122165/Obama-Approval-Highest-D.C.-Hawaii-Vermont.aspx

I concur, so I won't make any map about these. Polls from January to June might be rich in data but they would also be obsolete.
Farage
Elvis Republican
Cape Verde

« Reply #1799 on: August 10, 2009, 07:13:47 AM »

ROLF OBAMA approval in Alabama 56 pc LOL xD
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 77 ... 410  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies