The Official Obama Approval Ratings Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:43:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  The Official Obama Approval Ratings Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Official Obama Approval Ratings Thread  (Read 1207064 times)
ucscgaldamez

« on: January 18, 2011, 12:09:47 PM »

CNN has his approval at 53%
ucscgaldamez

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2011, 04:55:57 PM »

The lame duck session, and reaction to Gifford's shooting helped Obama's approval.

I think it's a temporary bump, the healthcare efforts of Republicans will probably keep him down. However, if they overreach, and they only concentrate on healthcare, then it may backfire....concentrated on the past not moving forward, and also why they are not concentrated on jobs, number one priority for most people.

People may grow tired of congressional republicans and repealing healthcare, especially if it leads to a government shutdown (defunding some health care related costs). If that happens, I suspect Obama will come out ahead. Romney may become more visible and to have romneycare and obamacare that sort of neutralizes the healthcare issue (or at least gives Democrats some cover).
ucscgaldamez

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2011, 04:53:20 PM »

The highest he will get to is 51% on Rasmussen. I don't think he will poll higher than that.
ucscgaldamez

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2012, 12:22:56 PM »

If Romney doesn't show at least a 3point bounce out of the debate then I feel this election is well over with. I mean come on. More than 67 million americans watch the debate and you destroyed Obama at the debate and the best you can do is less than 3 points? I may be too premature here. But after what I saw, I was ready to see huge jumps. Why isn't it happening? What is going on here? On CNN poll of undecided colorado voters, they overwhelmingly gave the win to Romney. Yet when asked who had made up their minds, 8 went for Romney and 8 went for Obama. This is crazy. Now the expectations are set that Romney will win the next debate, if Obama comes swinging, we will be back where we were at, a lead for Obama by 2%.

This electorate is so polarized. If by next week, Obama still leading, the pundits at Fox will be having a major fit.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies