The Official Obama Approval Ratings Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 11:17:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  The Official Obama Approval Ratings Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The Official Obama Approval Ratings Thread  (Read 1200990 times)
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« on: February 12, 2009, 03:07:05 PM »

Are there any numbers from Indiana? I'm anxious to see those.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2009, 01:23:15 AM »

You'd think people would be polling Indiana by now.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2009, 08:01:48 PM »

Goodness why hasn't a polling agency done Indiana yet? Who cares about the Alabama approval rating?
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2009, 09:13:55 AM »

Still stunned at no polling of Indiana. It goes Democratic for the first time in 44 years and no one polls it post-election. Honestly.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2009, 01:33:24 AM »

Obama's Approval Rating in Germany, according to the monthly "Deutschlandtrend" by Infratest-dimap for the TV station ARD (1000 Germans interviewed, March 2-3):

74% Approve
2% Disapprove
24% Undecided

http://www.infratest-dimap.de/download/dt0902.pdf

Quite impressive.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2009, 02:51:13 PM »

Minnesota (Rasmussen):

62% Approve (47% Strongly)
38% Disapprove (26% Strongly)

This state telephone survey of 500 Likely Voters was conducted by Rasmussen Reports March 3, 2009. The margin of sampling error for the survey is +/-4.5 percentage points with a 95% level of confidence.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/states_general/minnesota/61_of_minnesota_voters_don_t_think_pawlenty_should_seek_presidency_in_2012

That actually seems a little low to me.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2009, 02:40:04 PM »

Why does Rasmussen like being idiots? 57% approval? Likely voters? I liked them during the campaign but now they're just being ridiculous.

Also, why hasn't any polling organization polled one of the closest states of the election and a state that went Democrat for the first time in 44 years yet!!!!
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2009, 02:57:58 PM »

Why does Rasmussen like being idiots? 57% approval? Likely voters? I liked them during the campaign but now they're just being ridiculous.

Also, why hasn't any polling organization polled one of the closest states of the election and a state that went Democrat for the first time in 44 years yet!!!!

Whats wrong with a 57% approval? Thats better than CBSNews 66% crap.

Rasmussen deflates it's numbers alot by using a ridiculous "likely voters" screen. We're three and ahalf years from the next Presidential election and a year and ahalf from a Congressional election, so there's no point to something like that.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2009, 01:19:24 AM »

I was thinking that too, her approvals must have shot up or this is definitely an outlier. I haven't seen Granholm's approvals in the high 40's in a long time.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2009, 07:07:44 PM »

Polls are meanless, why are you guys making them out to be bigger then they are?

Because we're geeks and we can't help ourselves. Tongue
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2009, 03:49:42 PM »

SOMEONE PLEASE POLL INDIANA.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2009, 05:13:45 PM »

I'm more interested in states such as Idaho, Wyoming or Nebraska than Indiana to be honest.
Are you being sarcastic?
Because I would love to see polling there. I mean, is there any chance Obama could win there in 4 years?

Polling by congressional district in Nebraska would be kind of cool, but yeah, do we really need Wyoming polls?
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2009, 06:35:09 PM »

Looks like a church flier.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2009, 02:26:09 AM »

my professor runs that poll and I got a 26 page update of it that I have to read for class tomorrow ... and my question that I had proposed didn't get into the poll as I had a remote hope for.

What was your question?
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2009, 07:48:39 PM »

Zogby Internet Poll of 3.367 Likely Voters (April 28-30):

Rate performance of Barack Obama in his first 100 days?

54% Positive
45% Negative

http://www.zogby.com/news/ReadNews.cfm?ID=1691

Joke pollster.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2009, 01:39:45 PM »

Views of the budget deficit:

41% say the government should spend money to stimulate the economy, even if it means increasing the deficit; 54% say the government should not spend money to stimulate the economy and should instead focus on reducing the deficit

Yet again the American public shows it doesn't know what the f**k it's talking about.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2009, 05:32:36 PM »

There hasn't really been an economic recovery yet, but I'd guess that there's a VERY strong chance that the economy will rebound in the next few years before 2012, enough to boost Obama's approval ratings no matter what they are (could be 20% or 80%).

Who the hell cares about 2012?  Democrats need to be worried about 2010 right now. 

No, it'll be a landslide victory in '10. I know because I read it on this forum.

Roll Eyes

How many times must it be explained to you people that Democrats will likely lose a handful of seats in the House but due to structural advantages, will likely pick up at least a couple Senate seats?

Honestly, I get tired of this BS disingenuous attitude. I haven't heard any remotely serious individual claim 2010 will be another blowout year. Get a clue.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2009, 05:35:49 PM »

His ratings are in a freefall. I'm surprised, as my opinion of him has slightly improved over the past few weeks.

It's pretty simple, actually. He's playing the age-old Democratic game of trying to act Conservative on everything he can and being a wimp about approaching things, and generally acting as if he didn't get one of the largest and most unique victories in recent decades. The left is growing to hate him because he's a spineless liar who wants to pretend to be as Republican as possible, and the Republicans hate him because he's a Democrat.

Hence, he governs from the center, and pleases almost no-one.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2009, 05:42:09 PM »

His ratings are in a freefall. I'm surprised, as my opinion of him has slightly improved over the past few weeks.

It's pretty simple, actually. He's playing the age-old Democratic game of trying to act Conservative on everything he can and being a wimp about approaching things, and generally acting as if he didn't get one of the largest and most unique victories in recent decades. The left is growing to hate him because he's a spineless liar who wants to pretend to be as Republican as possible, and the Republicans hate him because he's a Democrat.

Hence, he governs from the center, and pleases almost no-one.

Ouch.

As of now, he wouldn't get my vote a second time. Wink
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2009, 03:57:17 PM »

According to Rasmussen, who got the '08 election correct, Obama has a 52% Approval, 47% Disapproval rating. But this is likely voters, all adults give him a higher rating.

Also, more people strongly disapprove then strongly approve of him, acccording to the poll.

On a side note, it says Bob McDonnell has a very narrow lead over Creigh Deeds.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/obama_administration/daily_presidential_tracking_poll

EDIT, it also says the GOP leads on the Generic Congressional Ballot, 40%-37%

Well see, now you've given Ford one poll to cling onto above all others and beat everyone over the head with. What have you done?
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2009, 01:02:39 AM »

I'm not quite sure I buy a couple of those polls. (Namely Minnesota and Virginia. Especially Virginia.)
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2009, 02:51:16 AM »

Probably due to the deficit spending and the over optimism when he sold the stimulus package.

Historically people have always been concerned about deficit spending, even when it didn't make sense compared to other things they supported, no matter what happened. Polls going back to FDR's terms in office showed America "concerned about the deficit" despite the fact that they elected FDR four times.

Just wanted to get that out there.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2009, 12:08:28 AM »

I would again like to point out that Americans have historically always answered that they're concerned about the deficit, even when other answers contradict that one. As I said before, even under FDR, the public said they wanted to balance the budget, despite the fact that they largely supported FDR's big spending New Deal programs.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2009, 12:24:31 AM »

I would again like to point out that Americans have historically always answered that they're concerned about the deficit, even when other answers contradict that one. As I said before, even under FDR, the public said they wanted to balance the budget, despite the fact that they largely supported FDR's big spending New Deal programs.

Yeah let's spend more to get out of debt....  that makes perfect sense.

That was rather off-topic, considering I was talking about polling, not the issue itself.

Of course, if you're going to complain about the New Deal, you're still wrong. But let's leave that to another thread.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2009, 03:23:23 PM »

NYT/CBS polls: LIBERAL SOURCE, LOLOL.
Rasmussen polls: Completely accurate and fair.

Also, since Republicans have engaged in tactics of organized disinformation, disruption, and outright lying, this should hardly be surprising.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies