The Official Obama Approval Ratings Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:13:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  The Official Obama Approval Ratings Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The Official Obama Approval Ratings Thread  (Read 1200907 times)
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« on: March 24, 2009, 04:12:50 AM »

And don't forget the Bradley Effect, of course.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2009, 12:21:45 PM »

Obama might experience softer approval ratings from hard-core liberals these days, after coddling the CIA torturers and not prosecuting former members of the vicious and murderous Bush junta. Many of them could move to "undecided" now, pushing down his high approvals in states like Jersey and Massachusetts.

zufällig im Heurigen gewesen heute? Wink
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2009, 01:13:44 PM »

Obama might experience softer approval ratings from hard-core liberals these days, after coddling the CIA torturers and not prosecuting former members of the vicious and murderous Bush junta. Many of them could move to "undecided" now, pushing down his high approvals in states like Jersey and Massachusetts.

zufällig im Heurigen gewesen heute? Wink

You know/learned a lot of what?

Franzl asked if I was in a (wine) bar in the morning, but forgot to metion that Heurige only exist in Eastern Austria, not Salzburg ... Tongue

yeah well....I've not been to many other places but Vienna in Austria Smiley
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2009, 10:54:41 AM »

Have you ever written a post that isn't aggressive or sarcastic in tone?

Yes, to legitimate posters. I really don't waste my time with left wing hacks and religious bigots like you.

As often as I get upset with some of your comments....that was perfectly legitimate.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2009, 01:03:25 PM »

didn't you know, everything besides NY Times and CNN is a GOP leaning poll?
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2009, 08:51:09 AM »

Do you seriously think Obama would get 65% in an election in North Carolina?

Roll Eyes
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2009, 12:48:44 PM »

It's called an outlier Wink
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2009, 12:19:51 PM »

Of course the poll for Idaho is a surprise. Nobody expected Idaho to ever give anywhere near a 50/50 divide of approval and disapproval. The state won't vote for Obama except in a landslide reminiscent of LBJ in 1964 or Reagan in 1984. But that Idaho could be close at this point suggests big trouble for the GOP.

You're suggesting that Idaho could be close?

lol
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2009, 04:41:31 PM »

Well for one thing, New Jersey is not a tossup.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2009, 04:54:35 PM »

Well for one thing, New Jersey is not a tossup.

Of course it's not. There isn't even a presidential election now; this is about approval ratings.

My comment specifically refered to tmth's prediction "if the election were held today".
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2009, 01:21:27 PM »

I'm not a climate change denier, I don't believe in Global Warming. Our Climate is very unstable and has been from the start. I watched a TV show they other day on the Science channel talking about how in the Earth's history the climate went in cycle of unstable climate changes, up until about 10 thousands years ago. They also said that they believe that we are getting ready to come out of the clam climate stage, where the climate will change alot from year to year.

What you saw on TV does not contradict global warming, even if Rush Limbaugh says it does.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2009, 05:23:57 PM »

No. The states have their own political cultures. Missouri isn't Kansas, and Virginia isn't Alabama. If SUSA had shown Alabama or Alabama something like 28/65 but Missouri 38/60 then the polls for Missouri would have more credibility. 

Incorrect. The black population creates a floor for Obama in the state, and his numbers can't go down very far from 2008 levels really. Missouri on the other hand has a lot of potential to go down.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2009, 06:12:38 AM »

Me too.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2010, 10:05:39 AM »

Outliers happen, and most of them are honest mistakes. I'm treating the NH poll as suspect -- not as an automatic reject.

Honest mistakes? Outliers needn't be mistakes.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2010, 03:46:25 PM »

New Hampshire is similar to Pennsylvania???
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2010, 09:18:12 AM »

As far as I'm informed, there are more Democrats than Republicans in Oklahoma.

Pay attention to the approval margins among Democrats and Republicans, that's a lot more important.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2010, 10:39:38 AM »

Incorrect, there are more registered Democrats than Republicans in Oklahoma.

http://www.ok.gov/~elections/reg_0109.pdf
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2010, 12:05:07 PM »

What will pbrower's comment about the party registration figures look like? Because they vote like Republicans they're de facto Republicans, and thus his estimate was correct?
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2010, 05:06:35 PM »

As far as I'm informed, there are more Democrats than Republicans in Oklahoma.

Pay attention to the approval margins among Democrats and Republicans, that's a lot more important.

I saw the sample sizes for people of different affiliations. One can create a valid poll out of a distorted sample if one norms the sample. If one gets 325 Democrats, 267 Republicans, 28 independents, and 1 libertarian the pollster might have decided after calling 250 Republicans who went 8-1 against Obama to quit calling Republicans because further calls would be superfluous. Does Oklahoma have that many Democrats or that few independents, or even so few libertarians? No way is Oklahoma so politically divided as to have 54.8% of its voters as registered Democrats. If I were guessing, I'd figure that 60% at the least of all Oklahoma voters are registered Republicans.

Quit guessing and stick to facts. There are more Democrats than Republicans in Oklahoma.

They just don't vote like Democrats, and haven't voted like Democrats for a very long time!

Don't try to spin your way out. You claimed that 60% of voters in Oklahoma were registered Republicans. I proved that claim wrong.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2010, 06:28:58 PM »

I was wrong. Oklahoma only votes as if a majority of voters of the voters are registered Republicans. There may be no reason for self-identified Democrats in Oklahoma who vote as Republicans re-registering as Republicans. I don't know the details -- open primaries?

Actually, Oklahoma has closed primaries. Smiley
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2010, 06:40:09 PM »

I'm not including numbers from the special election in my map(though in this case, nothing would have changed anyway).

I think it was a question regarding Obama directly.

Isn't that still based on the "likely voters" in the special election?
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2010, 01:27:49 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Oh the irony.

Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2010, 07:15:40 AM »

President Obama must still push legislation as if he has only two years in which to make a difference. He will have to convince his majority in Congress -- and us -- of its necessity. Citizens United vs. Federal Election Commission may have ensured that the 111st Congress is the last liberal Congress for a very long time.

Or is it? President Obama did go to the Republican Caucus in Baltimore for a question-and-answer session with cameras rolling, and he deftly eviscerated some of the talking points of Congressional Republicans. The GOP needs some fresh talking points if it is to make significant gains in November. .   

You seem to be either contradicting yourself....or trying to make sure an accurate prediction is in there somewhere.

If Democrats lose the midterms badly, you'll blame it on the Supreme Court ruling. If Democrats win or lose less badly than expected, you'll demonstrate that you wisely predicted that Republicans would need new talking points to win.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2010, 05:30:41 AM »

America is starting to realize why we elected Republicans- they didn't screw things up.

Ahem...

Of course, if those charts were the other way around, Democrats would be complaining that the rich shareholders were the only ones benefiting from the Bush Administration...

Probably, but it's a stupid measure of success either way.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2010, 12:21:11 PM »

Given that the "Strongly approve" figures dropped sharply in the past days, it might be that liberal Democrats are abandoning him because he wants to build 2 more nuclear reactors in Georgia.

Tender, there are extremely few people seriously opposed to nuclear power in the U.S., it's accepted overwhelmingly by anyone that matters.

That's certainly an issue where I appreciate the American thinking Smiley
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies