The Official Obama Approval Ratings Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 10:15:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  The Official Obama Approval Ratings Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Official Obama Approval Ratings Thread  (Read 1212109 times)
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: July 08, 2009, 10:34:39 PM »

Obama is slipping some -- probably because he is out of the country.

Haha, what?  Do you think people are like, "Ah! I don't see the President! Where is he, where is he?! He's horrible!"

Only in Fake America. Those damn elitist liberals can't go without those visuals, ya know.

Tongue
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2009, 11:47:09 PM »

Obama is slipping some -- probably because he is out of the country.

Haha, what?  Do you think people are like, "Ah! I don't see the President! Where is he, where is he?! He's horrible!"

I don't think that's the reason his approval ratings have fallen (slightly...), but the perception that he's spending too much time focusing on international issues, which is reinforced when people see photos of him smiling with Putin or Medvedev, and not doing anything to help the economy certainly can't be helpful (in the short term, at least).
Yeah the fact that he has spent so much time focusing on foriegn policy with almost no attention put on the economy has gotten even me irritated with him.

What no attention?

The issue with modern media is that we assume that if it's not in the 24 hour news cycle, it isn't happening. It's not like Obama is single-handedly steering the economy, so what does him being home have to do with how he handles the economy? He can't make domestic decisions abroad?
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2009, 09:02:41 PM »

Obama is down to 51% in Rassy and down to  56% in the RCP average.

Don't worry, Dems, I'm sure that Obama is as invincible as you've all told us for months.

I'm not worried considering Saint Reagan was sitting at 35% in Gallup as of January 1983

Saint Reagan's won because the economy recovered in the second half of '83.  So Obama should be fine if the next election doesn't happen until 2017.
I don't see how the economy would take that long to recover when almost every group of economists has predicted the recovery to start in 2010...

The same economists who didn't see the crash coming?  The same economists who now have to admit their stimulus projections were wrong because they underestimated the recession?

No, the same economists that said that the GOP neutering of the stimulus bill would slow the recovery because Republicans underestimated the recession.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2009, 10:44:57 PM »

His numbers are currently right where they were when he was elected, right? I would think this is all to be expected. He is pushing the agenda he promised, so this is just all those Republicans that were drawn to Obama's personality, rather than his policy, returning where they really stand.

Panic only hits when he falls below 50% approval I would imagine.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies