The Official Obama Approval Ratings Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:12:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  The Official Obama Approval Ratings Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Official Obama Approval Ratings Thread  (Read 1220542 times)
21st Century Independent
Rookie

« on: March 01, 2010, 03:24:30 AM »

It will be interesting what the lingering effect will be of the passage of the healthcare bill in 2012. If the economy is still in the gutter by then, healthcare will be an issue that will be tagged by republicans as one of the reasons why the economy is still bad. If the economy is good, healthcare will be then an issue to play out in 2016.
21st Century Independent
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 03:45:13 PM »

Nevada (Rasmussen)Sad

42% Approve
58% Disapprove

This statewide telephone survey of 500 Likely Voters in Nevada was conducted by Rasmussen Reports March 31, 2010. The margin of sampling error for the survey is +/- 4.5 percentage points with a 95% level of confidence.

That's a big ouch. Especially considering his margin of victory in 08 in that state. That's a significant drop and well below the average.

21st Century Independent
Rookie

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2010, 03:51:03 PM »

Before we all start getting too excited about job creation, remember that a heck of a lot of jobs being "created" right now are for the U.S. Census Bureau, and will only last through July.

I personally believe corporations are growing accustomed to the lesser amount of work staff still handling their workload while being paid overtime. These companies also have substantial cash on the side which they like very much and only helps the stock prices of these same entities.

This job recovery will be lethargic due to companies having gone through the mill and back during these last two painful years.

This will not be the usual recession ending, unemployement dropping, economy when things turn around. Unfortunately. I truly hope I am dead wrong about this. However, this is what I am seeing.

The DJIA's recovery has been based not on a turn around, but on the health of companies balance sheets and earnings reports. When a company has thinned it's staff out so much and rid itself of backed inventory, it is only natural that profits will resume if they are garnering at least the same amount of business. In other words, these companies kept subtracting their losses until there was profit.
21st Century Independent
Rookie

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010, 12:28:54 AM »

Nevada (Rasmussen)Sad

42% Approve
58% Disapprove

This statewide telephone survey of 500 Likely Voters in Nevada was conducted by Rasmussen Reports March 31, 2010. The margin of sampling error for the survey is +/- 4.5 percentage points with a 95% level of confidence.

I agree with no quick fix, but the people of Nevada feel otherwise with that polling result.

That's a big ouch. Especially considering his margin of victory in 08 in that state. That's a significant drop and well below the average.

Nevada was a nailbiter until early November, when the effects of the failure of predatory lending and reckless speculation turned a close race into a blowout.

There's no quick cure for such economic circumstances.   
21st Century Independent
Rookie

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2010, 12:29:56 AM »

I think Rasmussen is probably always going to be a few points skewed towards the Republicans in state polls. 

Not really. Rasmussen is one of the most accurate pollsters out there.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies