NY-20 Special Election
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:41:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NY-20 Special Election
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 [41]
Author Topic: NY-20 Special Election  (Read 178921 times)
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1000 on: April 25, 2009, 03:06:59 AM »

she sold her soul, for starters.  What did she ever do FOR you, and how much did you pay her?

She seems like another normal CA democratic congresswoman. How did she sell her soul? I was offering half a mil but she refused. Sad
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #1001 on: April 25, 2009, 03:26:19 AM »
« Edited: April 25, 2009, 03:27:51 AM by PantsBurnLegWound »

CHECK THE NEWS

and if you really offered her $500k then yes, you've already experienced everything she has to offer.  EVERYTHING
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #1002 on: April 25, 2009, 09:43:45 AM »

Probably the odds-favorite to become Scott Murphy's challenger in 2010 is Betty Little
Omg. I looked up this person and I learned that there's a Peru in upstate New York.

!!!!!!

Clearly, you've never been to Maine:

Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #1003 on: April 25, 2009, 11:37:32 AM »

Probably the odds-favorite to become Scott Murphy's challenger in 2010 is Betty Little
Omg. I looked up this person and I learned that there's a Peru in upstate New York.

!!!!!!

Amazing. I want to live by the sign.
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #1004 on: April 27, 2009, 08:51:42 AM »

From what I can guess about the area, no, you really, really don't. Smiley
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #1005 on: April 27, 2009, 09:17:25 AM »
« Edited: April 27, 2009, 09:20:50 AM by Verily »

From what I can guess about the area, no, you really, really don't. Smiley

Lynchville (where the sign is) is north of the touristy area near the NH border. But no tourists means there's nothing to see. I've only seen the sign because of visiting my aunt and uncle who used to live further north in Bethel. I've been to most of the towns on the sign, though (at least Paris, Poland, Naples, China, Denmark and Mexico).

The sign leaves out a bunch of places, too. There's Dresden, Lisbon, Yarmouth, Belfast and a ton of others.
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1006 on: April 27, 2009, 06:10:32 PM »

!!!!!!

It's a great area. My favorite mineral shop is Perham's in West Paris.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #1007 on: April 27, 2009, 10:38:49 PM »

I think this is a must-read for anyone interested in a lengthy and video-linked conservative opinion on why this race unfolded as it did.  Here's a hint:  it wasn't because the district is super Democratic, it's that the GOP is losing its connection with these types of voters, and Tedisco let his campaign be directed by idiotic pollster-strategists from out-of-state...

http://newmajority.com/ShowScroll.aspx?ID=0cf11e44-00c5-473d-a587-07c84ef676b7
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #1008 on: April 28, 2009, 01:09:21 PM »

That is not a conservative opinion. That is a Rockefeller Rinoish position that needs to be cleansed from the face of the earth Republican Party. [/has been reading too much of the Specter thread]
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #1009 on: April 29, 2009, 12:08:58 AM »

That is not a conservative opinion. That is a Rockefeller Rinoish position that needs to be cleansed from the face of the earth Republican Party. [/has been reading too much of the Specter thread]

It criticizes him primarily for switching from being an unapologetic conservative to overly-obsessing about political winds to the point where he did a disservice to the conservative principles he stood for... but he also faults the national party for isolating many of these voters (the district did vote for Obama).

I think the most ignored aspect of this race is that while special elections heavily favor Republicans in most circumstances, they also heavily favor whatever constituency is the most excited.  Murphy himself was unapologetically pro-EFCA, pro-Obama, and pro-stimulus.  Murphy almost never talked about blue dog issues... I saw a debate when asked what his stance on gun rights was and he gave a monotonous, hardly-believable answer that he was "pro-2nd Amendment."  Gillibrand, in contest, has practically shooting from the hip while criticizing big government.  Tedisco ran ads [linked in the article] praising Obama that were unbelievably retarded.

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 [41]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies