NY-20 Special Election (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:10:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NY-20 Special Election (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NY-20 Special Election  (Read 179112 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« on: January 24, 2009, 02:49:05 PM »

They'll just dismantle the district in 2010 anyway, so who cares?

Redistricting doesn't take effect until January 2013.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2009, 09:18:33 PM »

This is my district, I'm simply hoping a Republican doesn't win. Please god no!

This should be the Dem slogan: Remember Sweeney!

Then you better vote in the special. 

I can't, I'm 14. I did make phone calls for Hillary during the primary though, I could do that for the Dem nominee.

Well, just see what you can do to GOTV (Get out the vote). Turnout is usually pretty low in special elections.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2009, 09:03:49 PM »

Why did anyone even listen to those who said it was a good idea to appoint Hillary as Secretary of State?

New York's idiot governor could have appointed someone else to replace her.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2009, 02:34:20 PM »

This one is going to be a squeaker, but the odds are definitely against a tie.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2009, 12:26:48 AM »

This one is over, Murphy won. Hopefully the courts don't hold it up for the next few months like they're doing to Franken. Crazy Tedisco is suing to be seated, based upon the principle that he must have won, he's the Republican.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2009, 09:34:01 PM »

Huh?

COLUMBIA COUNTY — 20th Congressional District candidate Republican Jim Tedisco submitted a petition to the Dutchess County Supreme Court Thursday asking the judge to declare him the winner of the extremely close special election race, despite the numbers currently being in favor of his opponent, Democrat Scott Murphy.

According to The Associated Press, Murphy leads Tedisco by 178 votes district wide — 79,452 to 79,274. The only ballots that have not been counted are those challenged by each candidate’s lawyers, and while Tedisco’s office has said the challenges are roughly evenly split between the two camps, Columbia County lawyers for Murphy have only challenged 22 ballots, while Tedisco’s have challenged 258.

Tedisco is also asking the court to authorize recanvasing of all machine ballots to acquire the “proper” tallies. He would like them to reassess the validity of absentee votes already counted, and keep ballots challenged by Tedisco unopened. County Board of Elections Democratic Commissioner Virginia Martin said this new development could result in the election taking quite a bit more time to be decided. She would not venture a guess on how long it will be before the 20th District has a representative in congress.

He's the Republican, so he won. Republicans always win close elections. He's no more of a hypocrite than Coleman, who is using Bush's lawyers from 2000 to argue that his case should be dragged out as long as possible (exactly the opposite of what they were arguing in 2000). But yes, Republicans are crap.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies