Gillibrand or McCarthy? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 12:58:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Gillibrand or McCarthy? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who will you/would you support?
Kirsten Gillibrand

Carolyn McCarthy

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 45

Author Topic: Gillibrand or McCarthy?  (Read 4591 times)
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: January 24, 2009, 07:57:12 PM »

Assuming Gillibrand leans left as I believe she will, I will be throwing my full support behind her. I will probably campaign for her. McCarthy is far too militant about her positions and completely unwilling to even give Gillibrand a chance to prove herself. I have no interest in that kind of disregard for NYers, sacrificing the image of our Senator to further her own ambitions.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2009, 11:35:59 PM »

Assuming Gillibrand leans left as I believe she will, I will be throwing my full support behind her. I will probably campaign for her. McCarthy is far too militant about her positions and completely unwilling to even give Gillibrand a chance to prove herself. I have no interest in that kind of disregard for NYers, sacrificing the image of our Senator to further her own ambitions.

McCarthy has stated she would rather someone younger challenge Gillibrand instead, but if no one else did then she would jump in.  As far as not letting Gillibrand prove herself, well perhaps she should, but McCarthy is basing it off of Gillibrand's record in the House, her A NRA rating, that bill she co-sponsored in the House, which past the House, but died in the Senate. 

We will see what happens with Gillibrand's record in the Senate, and if she does move left I will likely support her.  However, I do see where McCarthy is coming from, considerng Gillibrand's overall voting record, especially on an iaaue that is very important to McCarthy with what happened to her husband and son.

I definitely agree that if she doesn't moderate her views she should be primaried, but to assume that she won't is just completely dishonest. Any good politician (and hey, she got herself the Senate seat so she can't be that bad) would know how to play to their constituency. I expect no less from Gillibrand.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies