Office of Mideast Governor Inks.LWC
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 12, 2024, 07:41:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Mideast Governor Inks.LWC
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12
Author Topic: Office of Mideast Governor Inks.LWC  (Read 25721 times)
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2009, 10:57:48 AM »

And I would recommend sticking around for the discussion of amendments after the vote for presiding officer. We need everyone we can get.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2009, 12:28:13 PM »

And I would recommend sticking around for the discussion of amendments after the vote for presiding officer. We need everyone we can get.

I'll be sticking around until the end.  I respect Afleitch's position that he took when he was governor of abstaining from voting in the convention because he was governor, but right now, participation is a little too low for me to just sit back and watch.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2009, 01:41:42 PM »

I'll be sticking around until the end.  I respect Afleitch's position that he took when he was governor of abstaining from voting in the convention because he was governor, but right now, participation is a little too low for me to just sit back and watch.

Oh I didn't mean you. I have no doubt you will stick with this. I was just adding an addendum to your shpiel for anyone reading it.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2009, 12:14:01 AM »

Governor's Update 3

Mideasterners, first, I'd like to congratulate Speaker Purple State on his new position as Presiding Officer over the convention.

Second, for those of you who haven't seen them, I proposed 6 amendments to the current proposed constitution, and I'd encourage you all to go check those out and give your comments, criticisms, and/or questions.

Inks.LWC
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2009, 12:10:03 PM »

Governor's Update 4

Mideasterners, first, I'd just like to let you know that I have begun updating the wiki for information in the Mideast.  I hope to start updating the statutes page, but that'll take a little more time, so I'll probably do that this weekend (I have to pass my Calc III class first!).

Second, there has still been almost no debate over any of the proposed amendments.  There are a handful of those, mostly proposed by myself, but a couple proposed by Speaker Purple State.  Again, I'd encourage all of you to go discuss those.

Inks.LWC
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2009, 01:46:38 PM »

It is good to hear that the Governor is taking the initiative on updating the Wiki. I do hope, however, that he will throw his support behind the current bill in the Assembly that raises such actions to a responsibility for himself and all future governors in the Mideast to keep the Wiki current and up to date.

~Speaker Purple State
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2009, 04:11:53 PM »
« Edited: March 12, 2009, 03:16:07 PM by Governor, Fmr. Chairman, Fmr. Judge, & Queen Mum Inks.LWC »

Governor's Update 5

Mideasterners, I am somewhat troubled by the recent actions of the Assembly, specifically the passage of the Mideast Wiki Responsibility Act, which reads:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

While I agree with the act in principle, I believe that the Assembly overstepped its Constitutional bounds in passing this "Act."  In fact, the bill was originally proposed as amendment, something that should have been voted on by the people and inserterd in the Constitution (assuming it reached a 2/3 majority).  Personally, I feel that the Assembly has taken an executive issue and turned it into a legislative issue, violating Article I, Section 1, Clause 1 of the Mideast Constitution, which reads, "The Executive power of the Mideast shall be vested in the Governor."

While I have not yet formally decided my next course of action, I most likely will seek an opinion from the Superior Court on this issue.

That being said, I strongly encourage the passage of Amendment 9 to the proposed 3rd Constitution (sponsored by Speaker Purple State), which will place responsibility of updating the wiki on the Governor, by inserting it into Article I.

Inks.LWC
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2009, 11:12:25 PM »

Executive Order 1

By the authority vested in my by the Constitution of the Mideast Region, I hereby order the following:

1. The Governor shall hold the responsibility of updating the Wiki for the following:
     a. All legislation proposed in the Assembly.  Futhermore he shall indicate:
          1) Whether it passed in the Assembly
          2) Whether it failed in the Assembly
          3) If it was brought to the people in the form of a proposition, as well as the results of such vote, complete with a link to the voting booth
     b. All proposed Amendments, upon which he shall announce the results of the vote, complete with a link to the voting booth.
     c. All election candidates and results, complete with a link to the voting booth
     d. The main regional page, for any factualy changes regarding the region which have changed
2. The Governor shall perform any and all of the above duties within 14 days of the event.
3. The absence of an update from section 1.a. shall not be understood to mean that the Governor is exempt from updating the wiki, if the change described, failing to be in section 1.a., is a page relating to the Mideast Region.

Inks.LWC
February 12, 2009
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2009, 11:25:01 PM »

I applaud the Governor's willingness to declare Executive Order 1 and take upon himself the responsibility of updating the Mideast Wiki. Due to the pending legislation in the Superior Court, the Assembly will be taking the proactive step up passing an Amendment to the Constitution that places this responsibility into the Constitution.

This will require approval by the people of the Mideast as well, and I hope the Assembly can rely on the Governor to throw his full support and backing behind the measure to ensure that future Governors will hold the same responsibilities he has imposed upon himself.

~Speaker Purple State
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2009, 11:28:42 PM »

I applaud the Governor's willingness to declare Executive Order 1 and take upon himself the responsibility of updating the Mideast Wiki. Due to the pending legislation in the Superior Court, the Assembly will be taking the proactive step up passing an Amendment to the Constitution that places this responsibility into the Constitution.

This will require approval by the people of the Mideast as well, and I hope the Assembly can rely on the Governor to throw his full support and backing behind the measure to ensure that future Governors will hold the same responsibilities he has imposed upon himself.

~Speaker Purple State

I heartily endorse the Assembly's actions, and fully anticipate bringing this to a vote of the people as soon as it clears the Assembly floor.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2009, 04:49:14 PM »
« Edited: March 12, 2009, 03:16:20 PM by Governor, Fmr. Chairman, Fmr. Judge, & Queen Mum Inks.LWC »

Governor's Update 6

Mideasterners, this week we will have elections.  I hope to have the 3rd Constitution ready for this month's elections.

Until then, I do need to nominate somebody to fill the vacant spot of Lt. Governor.  Any takers?
Inks.LWC
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2009, 02:29:38 PM »

Forgot to do this but since I moved to the Midwest I resign my job as Superior Court Judge.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2009, 01:03:53 AM »

Oy vey!  Another spot to fill.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2009, 07:00:34 PM »

Forget it. Focus getting people to vote in the 3CC.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2009, 02:25:01 PM »

A message from the Mideast Assembly:

For the Governor's Desk;

ConCon Delegate Selection Resolution

Whereas, it is stated in the federal resolution to call a fourth Constitutional Convention for the great state of Atlasia; and

Whereas, the Mideast region is to select four (4) delegates to said Convention by a form of popular vote;

The Mideast Assembly hereby calls on the Governor to hold a public vote in a Voting Booth thread on this next Thursday at noon to correspond with the vote on the Third Mideast Constitution;

The Mideast Assembly hereby resolves that the election shall last no longer than 72 hours and no less than 48 hours from the time the booth opens;

The Mideast Assembly hereby resolves that the election shall be open to all members residing in the Mideast for a period of the 10 days directly prior to the start of the vote. Candidates shall be eligible to declare their candidacy up to six (6) hours before the opening of the voting booth. Write-in candidates shall be eligible only in the event that they accept said votes and receive five (5) or more votes.

X Speaker Purple State
X Assemblyman afleitch
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2009, 01:47:37 AM »

Do yall want this open this Thursday (today) or next Thursday?
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2009, 09:30:12 AM »

Was hoping this Thursday (today), along with the 3C. That way we get max votes. I think enough days have passed since the President posted here for people to be able to declare. I would just put anyone on the ballot who posted in either bgwah's thread or the one you put up earlier.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2009, 03:33:23 AM »
« Edited: March 12, 2009, 03:16:37 PM by Governor, Fmr. Chairman, Fmr. Judge, & Queen Mum Inks.LWC »

Governor's Update 7

Voting is now closed, but for the record, I supported the Constitution.  My apologies for not voting, but with me being gone in D.C. and my great-grandma dying, things got a little chaotic and I haven't been on the forum much.

Official Certification

3rd Constitution of the Mideast (https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/User:Pete_bell/Mideast3CC)Sad/b]
AYE - 5
NAY - 0
ABSTAIN - 1

Delegate to the Atlasian Constitutional Convention (vote for no more than 4):
Afleitch
Hashemite

Purple State
South Park Conservative
Franzl

Write-in: ___________________________

Inks.LWC
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2009, 03:15:39 PM »
« Edited: March 13, 2009, 12:48:15 AM by Governor, Fmr. Chairman, Fmr. Judge, & Queen Mum Inks.LWC »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Inks.LWC
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2009, 07:05:50 PM »

It forbids members of the Mideast to "falsely and publicly slander or libel..." First line. So no PMs, must be proven false. And has to be in the Fantasy boards.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2009, 12:48:54 AM »

It forbids members of the Mideast to "falsely and publicly slander or libel..." First line. So no PMs, must be proven false. And has to be in the Fantasy boards.

I read over that thing like 5 times, trying to make sure I didn't miss it, and I missed it in the 1st line.  I feel really dumb.  I've changed my veto to a signature.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2009, 08:07:13 AM »

My thanks Governor. We are all entitled every now and then. ;-)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #47 on: March 15, 2009, 06:30:35 PM »
« Edited: March 15, 2009, 11:11:52 PM by Governor, Fmr. Chairman, Fmr. Judge, & Queen Mum Inks.LWC »

Governor's Update 8

I am currently in the process of updating the wiki.  I am a little over half-way through listing the bills proposed in the Assembly.  After I'm done listing the bills, I will come up with some type of naming system, and will then create individual pages for individual pieces of legislation.  I hope to have the entire wiki updated by the end of this week.

Inks.LWC
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #48 on: March 15, 2009, 11:06:46 PM »

Applause is heard from the Assembly floor

~Speaker Purple State
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #49 on: March 18, 2009, 03:11:19 PM »

Governor, the Assembly has passed the following Amendment to the Mideast Constitution. We request that you bring it for a vote of the people tomorrow, in combination with the elections for Assembly.

First Amendment

1. Article 3, Section 2, Clause 3 of the Third Mideast Constitution which reads, "Should the Assembly pass ordinary legislation by a majority vote, then the Governor may sign such legislation into Law, or veto such legislation. A veto may be overturned upon the unanimous vote of the Assembly."
shall hereby read: "Voting on ordinary legislation shall be considered valid when a majority of assemblymembers have cast their vote. Upon passage by a majority of those assemblymembers voting, such legislation shall be sent to the Governor to receive his signature into Law or veto. A veto may be overturned by the unanimous vote of all sworn Assemblymembers at the time of the veto."
2. Article 3, Section 2, Clause 4 of the Third Mideast Constitution shall hereby be Clause 5.
3. Article 3, Section 2 of the Third Mideast Constitution shall be amended to include the following as Clause 4: "The Governor shall have seven days to sign or veto ordinary legislation passed by the Assembly. After seven days, legislation which the Governor has not signed or vetoed shall be considered as Law."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies