PA House votes 192-0 to make February 6th "Ronald Reagan Day."
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 03:22:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  PA House votes 192-0 to make February 6th "Ronald Reagan Day."
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: PA House votes 192-0 to make February 6th "Ronald Reagan Day."  (Read 4610 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2009, 12:07:39 AM »

Reminds me of the dumbass Minnesota Taxpayers League wanting to rename the Floyd B Olson Memorial Highway the Ronald Reagan Highway. Yes makes perfect sense to rename something from one of our most beloved Governors to Reagan in the only state Reagan never carried.

Luckily that's never happening here.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2009, 12:57:20 AM »

Just the beginning of Reagan clearly being up there with Roosevelt, Lincoln, Jefferson and Washington.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2009, 12:59:45 AM »
« Edited: February 05, 2009, 01:22:08 AM by Smash255 »

Just the beginning of Reagan clearly being up there with Roosevelt, Lincoln, Jefferson and Washington.

None of those helped armed an arch enemy so they could secretly fund women and child killers......
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2009, 01:07:59 AM »

countries?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2009, 03:57:35 AM »

I object to a day in honor of President Reagan. A day for Governor Reagan, though, I would be able to support.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2009, 11:56:32 AM »

Awesome. It turns out that ten members were excused for being absent and only one member present did not vote. He is a Democrat, of course. Kind of random for him to be the lone member to not vote. I expected a bunch of members from the Black Caucus to not vote along with some of the hardcore liberals like Babette Josephs and Mark Cohen. Very odd.

http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/legis/RC/Public/rc_view_action2.cfm?sess_yr=2009&sess_ind=0&rc_body=H&rc_nbr=23

True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2009, 03:00:24 PM »

I see that the Pennsylvania Senate adopted without a recored vote a similar resolution.

(link)

However the Senate resolution deleted a few things.

WHEREAS, President Ronald Wilson Reagan, a man of humble background, worked throughout his life serving freedom and advancing the public good, having been employed as an entertainer, union leader, corporate spokesman, Governor of California and President of the United States; and

WHEREAS, Ronald Reagan served with honor and distinction for two terms as the 40th President of the United States, the second of which he earned the confidence of 3/5 of the electorate; and

WHEREAS, Mr. Reagan was victorious in 49 of the 50 states in the 1984 general election, a record unsurpassed in the history of United States presidential elections; and

WHEREAS, In 1981, when Ronald Reagan was inaugurated President, he inherited a disillusioned nation shackled by rampant inflation and high unemployment; and

WHEREAS, During Mr. Reagan's presidency he worked in a bipartisan manner to enact his bold agenda of restoring accountability and common sense to government which led to an unprecedented economic expansion and opportunity for millions of Americans; and

WHEREAS, Mr. Reagan's commitment to an active social policy agenda for the nation's children helped lower crime and drug use in our neighborhoods; and

WHEREAS, President Reagan's commitment to our armed forces contributed to the restoration of pride in America, her values and those cherished by the free world, and prepared United States Armed Forces to meet the challenges of the 21st century; and

WHEREAS, President Reagan's vision of "peace through strength" led to the end of the Cold War and the ultimate demise of the Soviet Union, guaranteeing basic human rights for millions of people; and

WHEREAS, February 6, 2009, will be the 98th anniversary of Ronald Reagan's birth; therefore be it

RESOLVED, That the House of Representatives Senate recognize February 6, 2009, as "Ronald Reagan Day" in Pennsylvania.

Comments on the deletions?  (Or were they additions in the House?)
Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -9.39

« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2009, 03:51:11 PM »

Why don't these retards vote a holiday for a more enlightened leader? Like, say, Benito Mussolini?
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2009, 11:22:25 PM »

Reagan is awesome.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2009, 01:30:41 AM »

Well, I could see myself supporting a Reagan day, just like I can see myself supporting an AIDS or Breast Cancer day. "Reagan Awareness Day" sounds appropriate.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2009, 01:48:29 AM »

Awesome. It turns out that ten members were excused for being absent and only one member present did not vote. He is a Democrat, of course. Kind of random for him to be the lone member to not vote. I expected a bunch of members from the Black Caucus to not vote along with some of the hardcore liberals like Babette Josephs and Mark Cohen. Very odd.

http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/legis/RC/Public/rc_view_action2.cfm?sess_yr=2009&sess_ind=0&rc_body=H&rc_nbr=23

Guess people just wanted a holiday.  VERY ODD I must say.  Even some of the Black Caucus and other liberals voted for this.  I know there are some DINOs in the House who would flip to R if the moment presented itself, but WOW.
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2009, 01:51:13 AM »

This alone makes PA one of the greatest states in the Union.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2009, 02:48:20 AM »

Ronald 'The poor are homeless by choice' Reagan?

*FACEPALM*

One of the many things Reagan supposedly believed that he did not.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies