How did Gore not win comfortably?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 11:39:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2000 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  How did Gore not win comfortably?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Author Topic: How did Gore not win comfortably?  (Read 32130 times)
cpeeks
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: June 12, 2010, 12:15:48 AM »

Ya Derrick and while your hero was in office we went from 5 trillion in debt to 12 trillion in debt.

His name is Derek, not Derrick. And I agree with you, Bush Jr. was a fiscal catastrophe (just like Reagan and his dad were) despite claiming to be a fiscal conservative. The debt rises that have been occuring under Obama were inherited from Bush Jr.

My apologies to Derek for misspelling his name I was drunk when I posted that lol. When Reagan took office we were like 800 billion in debt now its close to 13 trillion with no end in sight. Wallace was right in 1968 when he said theres not a dimes worth of difference between the two parties. The republicans are so fake with there message. We have got to stop this spending before we bankrupt this nation.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -5.23, S: -2.52

« Reply #101 on: June 12, 2010, 12:20:41 AM »

Ya Derrick and while your hero was in office we went from 5 trillion in debt to 12 trillion in debt.

His name is Derek, not Derrick. And I agree with you, Bush Jr. was a fiscal catastrophe (just like Reagan and his dad were) despite claiming to be a fiscal conservative. The debt rises that have been occuring under Obama were inherited from Bush Jr.

My apologies to Derek for misspelling his name I was drunk when I posted that lol. When Reagan took office we were like 800 billion in debt now its close to 13 trillion with no end in sight. Wallace was right in 1968 when he said theres not a dimes worth of difference between the two parties. The republicans are so fake with there message. We have got to stop this spending before we bankrupt this nation.

Well, Wallace wasn't completely right. Carter and Clinton were pretty fiscally responisble, and there are substantial differences between the parties on the environment, foreign policy, and social issues.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #102 on: June 12, 2010, 03:00:47 AM »

Are you drunk on all your posts?
cpeeks
« Reply #103 on: June 12, 2010, 07:45:06 PM »

Well Wallace was close enough. The democrats and republicans are destroying this country. I believe there trying to bankrupt us.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #104 on: June 12, 2010, 08:22:38 PM »

Well I don't think the GOP is "trying" to bankrupt us but both parties have their head so far up their own asses that they aren't listening to the people. That's why tea partiers are winning on the right and on the left you have people like Joe Sestak and that guy out in Colorado who defeated Michael Bennett. It's time for real change. Not change In Name Only.
cpeeks
« Reply #105 on: June 12, 2010, 08:35:34 PM »

Well I don't think the GOP is "trying" to bankrupt us but both parties have their head so far up their own asses that they aren't listening to the people. That's why tea partiers are winning on the right and on the left you have people like Joe Sestak and that guy out in Colorado who defeated Michael Bennett. It's time for real change. Not change In Name Only.

Oh yea the GOP is so great, Bush put us almost 8 trillion dollars more in debt and he had republican house and senate, but ya your right people are sick of this.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #106 on: June 12, 2010, 08:39:10 PM »

Oh yea the GOP is so great, Bush put us almost 8 trillion dollars more in debt and he had republican house and senate, but ya your right people are sick of this.

I think the GOP lost its way under Bush too. With Clinton in office the GOP knew how to say no to government programs and out of control spending. It wasn't until they took over congress that we ever had a balanced budget or surplus. Both parties have payoffs after elections are won and that results in more debt for our grandchildren.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies