"Had Enough?" (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 11:22:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2010 Elections
  "Had Enough?" (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Could this be an effective Democratic campaign them in 2010?
Yes

No

Don't Know

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 23

Author Topic: "Had Enough?"  (Read 10573 times)
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: February 16, 2009, 02:40:33 PM »

guys, the free market failed. Big time. Most people I think know that. Campaigning against big government won't work as well as it did 5 or 10 years ago. This is 1932, not 1980.

Remember that FDR was wildly popular throughout the country in the worst years of the Great Depression because 1) people knew the Depression wasn't his fault, 2) they knew he was doing his best to make things better, and 3) the Republicans had no credibility left. At one point there were 16 Republican senators. It wasn't until 1968, or perhaps 1980, that Lazziez Fair economics made a comeback and America was again willing to elect a Conservative Republican president.

Idleness is the democrat party's stock in trade.  "WHERE'S MY WELFARE CHECK???  I NEED TO BUY CIGS!!!!!"

rhetoric like this is insulting. I know many people who are trying to find jobs but can't because of the economic situation. Assuming such people are lazy, labeling them, and attacking them, is equivalent to liberals in the Bush years who called his supporters "hicks" who lived in "flyover country."
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 03:15:41 PM »

go read some of the posts on Free Republic.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies