When does Specter face retribution? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 11:17:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2010 Elections
  When does Specter face retribution? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: When does Specter face retribution?  (Read 25977 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« on: February 10, 2009, 05:18:47 PM »

Well that is the question. At this point it may not make a difference whether Arlen or a Democrat occupies the seat. This could scone a pattern if he and Collins/Snowe are the defacto 60th seats.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2009, 09:29:40 PM »

Well that is the question. At this point it may not make a difference whether Arlen or a Democrat occupies the seat. This could scone a pattern if he and Collins/Snowe are the defacto 60th seats.

It's not a serious question; it's more of his usual nonsense. I reject the premise of the question since he entertains the idea that only Specter can win.

It's possible that Toomey could win if the stimulus fails, but if the environment is favorable Dem or tossup, I can't see any Republican but Specter winning in Pennsylvania. There would need to be a GOP environment for it to happen. I guess if the stimulus does fail, Specter would lose a primary, and then Toomey may have a chance. It's hard to tell right now, but I can't see this bill working out.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2009, 10:36:20 PM »

It's not a serious question; it's more of his usual nonsense. I reject the premise of the question since he entertains the idea that only Specter can win.

It's possible that Toomey could win if the stimulus fails, but if the environment is favorable Dem or tossup, I can't see any Republican but Specter winning in Pennsylvania. There would need to be a GOP environment for it to happen. I guess if the stimulus does fail, Specter would lose a primary, and then Toomey may have a chance. It's hard to tell right now, but I can't see this bill working out.

I'd have more success arguing with cancer than with some of you people.

I'm glad you guys know exactly how everything will work out nearly two years before the vote. "Well, he could have a chance but it's not likely..."

Calm down Phil. I never said anywhere this I knew what was going to happen, nor did I say it was not likely to occur. I said I expect the stimulus to fail, and in turn, Specter will be vulnerable.

Has he said he is even running for reelection? He might just retire if it looks like he may lose a primary and the GOP tells him he's on his own. I believe Toomey can win a race in a GOP favorable cycle. I think it's a bit risky to believe that he could win if the stimulus improves the economy come 2010 and it appears as if the Democrats could further increase their margins. You know more about PA Politics than I do by a long shot, but I can't see a guy who was against the stimulus successfully win the race if the bill is successful. Do you?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2009, 02:22:36 PM »

I'd be surprised if Specter wasn't primaried at this point. I'd like to believe Phil, but I can't see another further right Republican who doesn't have union support or other liberal leaners in his corner win Pennsylvania as of now. That can change and if Obama continues to screw around, a Santorum style candidate will have a great chance at winning, but as I see it now, it will be hard. Either way, one of us will be looking back at this and feel foolish.

If Toomey or even Santorum primary Specter, beat him and win the seat, Phil can bump this a la BRTD and say "LOL."
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies