When does Specter face retribution? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:47:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2010 Elections
  When does Specter face retribution? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: When does Specter face retribution?  (Read 25985 times)
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.38, S: -0.51

« on: February 09, 2009, 06:49:17 PM »

Arlen Specter is one of the most dishonest members of the Senate.

Like Lucy in the Peanuts cartoon strip, he assures other Republicans that he'll behave in the future, and they believe him!!!

Of course, like Lucy, Specter, betrays other Republicans in the Senate on a regular basis.

so, will Pennsylvania Republicans ever get their act together and get rid of Specter?
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2009, 01:51:19 AM »
« Edited: February 10, 2009, 01:52:51 AM by CARLHAYDEN »

Your statements about Specter are approaching CARLHAYDEN-John McCain levels:

"ZOMG you have no idea he's from my state and he's really, really evil."

I didn't say he was evil or perceived as being evil. I'm saying that Arlen Specter is a known asshole. Capitol Hill staffers had buttons made up which read, "Arlen Specter Yelled at Me." The man is called "Snarlin' Arlen" by his fans. He's not known to be a nice person. It's well known in PA. He's re-elected for other reasons.

I was just joking, I know you weren't implying Specter is evil... I was just doing a slightly exaggerated CARLHAYDEN impression. As for Specter being an asshole, I know that he's got a reputation for being kind of a jerk, but I don't deal with him personally, so I don't care. Even my original statement wasn't denying his alleged assholiness, I was just saying that almost every politician is, to some degree: "a spineless, self centered, ego maniac with a very nasty streak"... maybe Arlen is nastier than most, I don't know, but I do know that criticizing a politician you don't like for being a jerk isn't really a compelling argument, because I still like his politics (for the most part), thus, I like him.

So, lets see:

You prefer liberal to conservative (both the ADA and ACU 2007 ratings of Specter indicate his voting record is more liberal than conservative.  Interestingly enough, the ratings add up to 100),

You a pro-abortion (check out his 2006 from NARAL - 100% and NRTLC - 14%)

He has one of the lowest ratings from Americans against Government Waste among Republican Senators- 29%.

He gets a D from Gun Owners of America (lower not only than most Republican Senators, but lower than many Democrat Senators).

You can check this all out at Project Vote Smart.

Oh, and I have cited specifics about McCain, which you twist, in a Nixonesque fashion, into false generalities.
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2009, 11:04:28 AM »

One of the most interesting of Specter's abilities, is his ability to lie with a straight face.

Check out yesterday's Washington Post in which he alledged that he had reduced the so-called stimulous bill to $780 billion.

I don't know anybody but Specter that would claim its under $800 billion.

CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2009, 10:02:55 PM »

One of the most interesting of Specter's abilities, is his ability to lie with a straight face.

Check out yesterday's Washington Post in which he alledged that he had reduced the so-called stimulous bill to $780 billion.

I don't know anybody but Specter that would claim its under $800 billion.

Just to elaborate

H.R. 1, as passed by the House is estimated to cost (without interest charges) at $819 billion

H.R. 1, as passed by the Senate is estimated to cost (without interest charges) at $838 billion.

So, not only was Specter lying about the $780 billion price tag, but he managed to negotiate an increase over the spending proposed by Nancy Pelosi of about $19 billion dollars.

With "moderates" like Specter, who needs liberals?!?
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2009, 04:26:40 PM »

Rasmussen reports has released a poll on Specter and his support for the Porkus bill, and how its playing with Republican voters in Pennsylvania.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies