2/10 Republican voters in PA will vote Dem if Bush......
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:35:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  2/10 Republican voters in PA will vote Dem if Bush......
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2/10 Republican voters in PA will vote Dem if Bush......  (Read 3414 times)
nomorelies

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 29, 2004, 07:07:21 AM »

The draft is the key for Kerry.

Everyone knows that this a vote for Bush is a license for the "itchy trigger fingers" aka Neo-Cons to pursue there dreams and invade any country where you cant buy a McDonalds.

So to do this Bush needs soldiers. We had the proganda of "saddam has wmds and will blow the world up unless we act" to get forces in. As anyone sane will know Bush mislead the people of America but has about as much trust as the machines that will fix the election in Florida.

Pennslyvanian women who are soft Republicans (thanks to the fear tactics of the neo-cons "vote Kerry and YOU WILL DIE HA HA HA HA".

Bush has to use put the draft in. tahe draft can be placed in three months once Bush is elected. Note once elected the opinion of America no-longer matters. You had your chance.

So if you have a son/daughter who has his dream ahead of him or in fact you, if you vote Bush your loved ones will be going to Iran thanks to the issue of the draft.

MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2004, 07:24:29 AM »

There will be no draft, and there will not be a need for a draft.  If/When more troop slots are opened up, they will fill up naturally due to the benefits the military provides, as well as those who are patriotic and believe in defending this nation.
nomorelies

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2004, 07:27:11 AM »

How will Bush invade Iran?

Iraqs dont want to fight for their freedom. Afghanistan needs troops. North Korea has nuclear weapons. Troops are thinly spread.

I think the draft will be introduced under Bush as he needs men to do more invading.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2004, 07:39:04 AM »

If Iraqi's don't want to fight for their freedom, how come their military, police, and national guard figures grow on a daily basis?  (Go back to my prior recommendations of doing independent research to get the truth, and not relying on the mass media for your information.)  You accusation is false.

Afghanistan has enough international troops on the ground, and resistance is primarily limited to the mountain ranges bordering Pakistan, with the Pakistani army taking the fight on their side of the border.

North Korea and Iran are attracting a much greater international focus than Iraq did.  If for some reason we had to go into either nation on the ground, there will be more than enough international troops to join the effort.  Iran has been one of my favorite nations, since we should be experiencing a revolution in the next 5 years as the younger pro-Western population grows in numbers.  I was sure that the election scandal in Iran this year was going to be the trigger, but it turned out to be another log on the fire.  This nuclear mess just might be the key.  If we go in, we won't be alone in Iran.

So no, we won't need to introduce a draft.  
shankbear

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2004, 08:33:37 AM »

This draft bull is just some poor pitiful LIBS in Congress trying to make a point and it is pointless.  Dem LIBs who file bills recommending a draft are a joke.  The only draft is the foul breeze coming out of their mouths.
nomorelies

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2004, 08:35:18 AM »

Bush needs men to do his neo-conservative policies.

Hence he needs men who are willing to invade as many countrie as possible in 4 years Hence bush will use the draft.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2004, 08:37:38 AM »

Actually, shankbear, it was Hagel that stirred the "draft pot" last year, and he's a Republican.  However, it was the media and the DNC that ran with this claiming the draft was on the way.  This is far from the truth since our military is at max capacity, and if the Congress will approve the measure to increase the size of the army, the additional slots will fill in just the same.  There will be no need for a draft.
nomorelies

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2004, 08:39:23 AM »

sone guy was on abc news the other night and he said that he can get the draft underway in three months.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2004, 08:42:41 AM »

Nope.  It requires congressional approval, and best of luck finding a majority of congressmen who are going to throw away their job by voting "yes" on the issue, especially when it's not needed.

Nomo, go back to what I've said before.  Turn off the tv and think for yourself.  A sane person would easily deduce that the draft would not be needed.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2004, 08:45:46 AM »

sone guy was on abc news the other night and he said that he can get the draft underway in three months.

Would that guy happen to have been Charlie Rangel (D- New York)?  There isn't going to be a draft.  I think we are going to take a seperate, long-term approuch in Iran, unless they get aggressive.
elcorazon

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2004, 09:08:07 AM »

why do you guys oppose a draft?  If we're going to actively eject despots all over the world who might try to get access to WMD or nuclear weapons, we're going to have to have more people in the army.  Shouldn't everyone be required to fight for their country.  I think it's only fair.  

Anyone who supports our current foreign policy should CERTAINLY support a draft.  Frankly, I oppose our current foreign policy, but I don't necessarily oppose a draft.  If we live in such a great country, why shouldn't we have compulsory service for it?
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2004, 09:22:20 AM »

why do you guys oppose a draft?  If we're going to actively eject despots all over the world who might try to get access to WMD or nuclear weapons, we're going to have to have more people in the army.  Shouldn't everyone be required to fight for their country.  I think it's only fair.  

Anyone who supports our current foreign policy should CERTAINLY support a draft.  Frankly, I oppose our current foreign policy, but I don't necessarily oppose a draft.  If we live in such a great country, why shouldn't we have compulsory service for it?

There is no need for a draft.  Our military is half the size it was 15 years ago, and it was fully stocked then.  If Congress would simply increase the number of slots which the military can recruit for, we'll have more troops.  A draft is needed when there are gaps in the ranks.  Since we don't have any, we don't need the draft.  All we need is Congress to pass the legislation for the military to increase their numbers.
elcorazon

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2004, 09:28:58 AM »

There is no need for a draft.  Our military is half the size it was 15 years ago, and it was fully stocked then.  If Congress would simply increase the number of slots which the military can recruit for, we'll have more troops.  A draft is needed when there are gaps in the ranks.  Since we don't have any, we don't need the draft.  All we need is Congress to pass the legislation for the military to increase their numbers.
Fine, but why not require service to one's country?  Why is that a bad thing?
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2004, 09:56:07 AM »

Fine, but why not require service to one's country?  Why is that a bad thing?

I would be for it. One of the few European concepts I do like.  After graduating high school, you serve 2 years in the military or government service, and then progress on to college.  "Kids" will then be more mature when entering college, and more likely not to waste their first year trying to grow up and adjust to being adults.

However, I doubt that would ever be passed by Congress either.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2004, 10:47:13 AM »

Your argueement is fine, except that it has one major flaw.  You seem to assume that it is unfair that people sit at home while those who volunteered go and do what they volunteered to do.  Why is this?

Certainly, if there is ever a need for a draft, I would support such an effort, but there is no foreseeable need for one at the present time.  Hell, if the draft ever came back, I would go and volunteer myself, just so that I could choose which branch I wanted to go into (probably the Navy).  

Another dimension to this issue that I rarely hear being dicussed is the fact that, if we had a national draft, the quality of the average soldier would go way down, because you would be bringing in non-volunteers.
nomorelies

« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2004, 11:25:54 AM »

sIMPLE PROBLEM WITH THE DRAFT

people like bush get pu tinto the guard. The poor and middle calss get screwed over. Its like being forced to join the paras or something that crazy.

Paras - British squads who always do the hards bits first.
elcorazon

« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2004, 11:34:38 AM »

Your argueement is fine, except that it has one major flaw.  You seem to assume that it is unfair that people sit at home while those who volunteered go and do what they volunteered to do.  Why is this?

Certainly, if there is ever a need for a draft, I would support such an effort, but there is no foreseeable need for one at the present time.  Hell, if the draft ever came back, I would go and volunteer myself, just so that I could choose which branch I wanted to go into (probably the Navy).  

Another dimension to this issue that I rarely hear being dicussed is the fact that, if we had a national draft, the quality of the average soldier would go way down, because you would be bringing in non-volunteers.

I think national service should ALWAYS be required, whether needed by the army or not.  People don't all have to be soldiers, but some form of service to one's country might actually be a good thing for young people to do, in my opinion.

My point wasn't only about fairness with respect to soldiers themselves, but fairness in that people benefit as citizens being required to give back.  

Of course conservatives will oppose this as increasing the size of government, but being a liberal that doesn't bother me at all.

Government, however maligned, has done a LOT of good for us.  I think it can do even more good.
nomorelies

« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2004, 11:51:24 AM »

Bush will blow this off like he does everything else.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2004, 03:53:59 PM »

I think national service should ALWAYS be required, whether needed by the army or not.  People don't all have to be soldiers, but some form of service to one's country might actually be a good thing for young people to do, in my opinion.

My point wasn't only about fairness with respect to soldiers themselves, but fairness in that people benefit as citizens being required to give back.  

Of course conservatives will oppose this as increasing the size of government, but being a liberal that doesn't bother me at all.

Government, however maligned, has done a LOT of good for us.  I think it can do even more good.

Okay, I'll buy that.  I don't nessesarily agree with it, but it sounds resonable.
weallbleed
Rookie

« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2004, 07:43:54 PM »

The draft is a terrible idea. Just go visit any college campus. Basically everyone at the college I went to cared about nothing but drinking, ing and snorting coke. Do we want those people in the army? Let's keep only mature people in? And no I never joined the army, and I wasn't mature at that point either.
nomorelies

« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2004, 06:14:22 AM »

I would like to know how you got drunk?

I`ve only found one beer remotely exceptable. now i get to the point where i get my mom to package me some beers as the beers here are so week.

12 BUDS - im still standing, i can still understand what people are saying. in fact im stonecold sober.

So if you have any suggestion please
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies