NRCC targets vulnerable Dems on Stimulus... Like Neil Abercrombie
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:13:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NRCC targets vulnerable Dems on Stimulus... Like Neil Abercrombie
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NRCC targets vulnerable Dems on Stimulus... Like Neil Abercrombie  (Read 2278 times)
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 19, 2009, 10:13:19 PM »

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0209/19061.html

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I can understand about half of these, but Neil Abercrombie, Vic Snyder, Stephanie Herseth Sandlin, Allen Boyd, and Ben Chandler? Seriously? I don't know what Pete Sessions is on, but I want some.

That's also only ten, so I have no idea who the 11th is.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2009, 10:29:12 PM »

Yeah, that's more than weird.  I think they targeted Tom Perriello  over in Virginia if I remember right.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2009, 10:36:43 PM »

68% of Americans approve of Obama's handling of the economy, so I'm not so sure how this is going to work out for the NRCC.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2009, 10:38:59 PM »

Neil Abercrombie, Vic Snyder, Stephanie Herseth Sandlin, Allen Boyd, and Ben Chandler are all safe.  I dunno why the NRCC is wasting money on these people, even at this point.  It seems like a waste to me.
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2009, 12:04:59 AM »

Abercrombie?  Obama won that district with like 72%. 
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2009, 02:14:43 PM »

I could see them going after Adler.  Economic liberalism isn't exactly people's cup of tea in that area having once worked there. 
Erc
Junior Chimp
Slovenia

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2009, 02:31:34 PM »

Abercrombie?  Obama won that district with like 72%. 

If there's ever a seat where citing Obama's personal numbers is not an indication of how a midterm election should go, this is it.

That said, you only lose your seat in Hawaii if you want to.
Padfoot
padfoot714
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -6.96

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2009, 12:07:50 AM »

The GOP bench in Hawaii begins and end with Linda Lingle and I doubt she's has any ambitions for the House.  They might as well be targeting Pelosi herself for all the good this will do them.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2009, 02:39:37 AM »

The NRCC likes to pretend that the stimulus isn't popular. It's good propaganda to say "We are targeting Hawaii Congressmen for voting for the unpopular stimulus". Somehow, I don't think Abercrombie is losing too much sleep over this.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2009, 02:44:03 AM »

We're targeting Democrats coast to coast!!
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2009, 12:49:52 PM »

If there was a wave, Snyder is one of those who I've always suspected could be in some trouble.  Otherwise, I generally agree with forum sentiment here.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2009, 02:50:30 AM »

The NRCC likes to pretend that the stimulus isn't popular. It's good propaganda to say "We are targeting Hawaii Congressmen for voting for the unpopular stimulus". Somehow, I don't think Abercrombie is losing too much sleep over this.

In case you haven't noticed, the stimulus bill really isn't that popular.  According to a recent poll by Rasmussen, only 38% of Americans think it'll help the economy.  A lot of that is pessimism in general, but you have to think that Republicans weren't just picking names out of a hat with this one.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2009, 02:58:44 AM »

In case you haven't noticed, the stimulus bill really isn't that popular.  According to a recent poll by Rasmussen, only 38% of Americans think it'll help the economy.  A lot of that is pessimism in general, but you have to think that Republicans weren't just picking names out of a hat with this one.

You know, I've heard about enough outlier Rasmussen polls lately that I don't really care what he comes up with. The latest poll on pollingreport.com is a CNN poll with 60% support.

http://www.pollingreport.com/budget.htm
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2009, 03:45:18 AM »

You know, I've heard about enough outlier Rasmussen polls lately that I don't really care what he comes up with. The latest poll on pollingreport.com is a CNN poll with 60% support.

http://www.pollingreport.com/budget.htm

As a matter of fact, Rasmussen is the ONLY pollster that shows the support for stimulus to be below 50%.
But hey, when was the last time Republicans let the facts get in the way of a good story?
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2009, 09:32:09 AM »

Others have said this already, but Rasmussen is showing different results from everyone else on its polling. There are at least two and possibly three competing polls, one of them Gallup, showing the stimulus bill is enjoying great popularity. Perhaps people are concerned about whether it will work or not, but they prefer it to doing nothing, and rightly or wrongly that is how the Republicans are viewed.
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2009, 09:53:01 AM »

Rasmussen is a push pollster on almost everything except for head to head matchups and Presidential approval ratings.  He words questions purposely in favor of Republicans and Conservatives. 
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2009, 11:59:16 AM »

That's not what the definition of a push pollster is.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2009, 12:08:17 PM »

Regardless of what you think about the "wording of the questions", Rasmussen is always going to lean at least few points more Republican than all other polls right now because he's using a likely voter screen instead of polling "adults" (most polls).

I think the correct answer on these questions lies somewhere in between right now - probably where a "registered voter" poll would lie.

With regards to the stimulus, I tend to side with brittain33's view.  Voters want to give a new President a chance.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2009, 02:21:18 PM »

FYI - Politico just told me why the Abercrombie CD was targeted...

http://www.politico.com/blogs/scorecard/0209/Surfs_up_for_Hawaii_Republican.html?showall
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2009, 02:41:32 PM »

That claims Abercrombie wants to run for Governor? Wtf? The guy is, like, 71 or something.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2009, 02:44:37 PM »

That claims Abercrombie wants to run for Governor? Wtf? The guy is, like, 71 or something.

70, 72 on Election Day 2010.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies