HI-01 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:50:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2010 Elections
  HI-01 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: HI-01  (Read 9798 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: February 27, 2009, 12:43:06 PM »

Anyone notice Lunar seems to have a bit of an obsession with affirmative action in these sort of races?

I'm reminded of him saying Paterson couldn't win the primary in 2010 unless he appointed a minority to Hillary's seat (Paterson may lose anyway, but his appointment of a white woman to the seat is pretty low on the list of why.) or mocking the idea that any white male could be appointed Sec of Commerce after Richardson withdrew (Judd Gregg may not take it, but it was certainly possible).

Abercrombie himself is a white (hence "Haole"), so no reason another can't win.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2009, 11:15:49 PM »

Yeah I don't see the accusation. Just think you way overestimate this stuff. And even if I scoffed at Gillibrand, it wasn't due to being white. I also scoffed at the idea that a minority MUST be appointed in order to win the primary. Honestly I doubt even most minorities care about stuff like that, just Al Sharpton types.

And what great GOP candidate can beat a white Democrat in HI-01? The GOP bench throughout all of Hawaii is simply pathetic to put it mildly.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2009, 12:39:05 PM »

Safe D. I hope a white is nominated and wins in landslide just so I can laugh at Lunar. Seriously dude, you need to get over the affirmative action thing.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2009, 12:54:48 PM »

Name a half-decent candidate the HI GOP has (besides Lingle as she isn't going to run.)

BTW FL-01 is not more Republican than HI-01 is Democratic. I doubt McCain got over 70% in FL-01.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2009, 01:48:24 AM »

All I said was one of the factors that COULD make the race competitive.  If I've said anything besides that, I was being stupid (and note, nothing has changed in the race since then so I'm not using hindsight).

Obviously if the Democrats were to nominate the Mayor of Honolulu, it wouldn't matter if he were white or an one-armed albino midget, he's be very, very likely to win.

If I were to say the race against Dodd "maybe" could be competitive, and it turns out Dodd cruises to an easy victory, you do have enough cells in your body to figure out why I'm not proven wrong, right?  If I'm making a prediction I'll avoid the qualifiers "maybe" "potentially" "could" and "possibly" "perhaps" "if" and such things, depending on context.  It's really not difficult at all to figure out what my predictions are and what my speculation about variables are.

Sorry for going to town on you (I actually edited this post down a bit to remove more cuss words) but I've had a long night and your holier-than-thou attitude simultaneously while horribly twisting my words in order to make me look retarded has me internet-aggravated. 

I get a lot of early information about races, and when things are still vague I like to speculate on what could happen, but in no way are those predictions.

See though, that's exactly the type of nonsense J. J. was so (rightfully) criticized over. It's inanity with an excuse. Obama might lose white Democrats. Hillary might have a superdelegate stampede to nullify the primaries. There might be a massive Bradley Effect. Sound familiar? Dodd losing or the Democrats losing this seat aren't too far off from the ridiculousness of the aforementioned.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies