HI-01 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:35:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2010 Elections
  HI-01 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: HI-01  (Read 9793 times)
ottermax
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -6.09

P P
« on: February 26, 2009, 08:58:04 PM »

No. The Hawaii Democratic establishment is powerful and strong. Just look at the state legislature if you want to see the limited number of Republicans the party can choose from. Even if Charles Djou tries his best, there are many candidates the Democrats can propose and even if they are Haole, they will be elected.
ottermax
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2009, 12:17:55 AM »

Yeah I don't see the accusation. Just think you way overestimate this stuff. And even if I scoffed at Gillibrand, it wasn't due to being white. I also scoffed at the idea that a minority MUST be appointed in order to win the primary. Honestly I doubt even most minorities care about stuff like that, just Al Sharpton types.

And what great GOP candidate can beat a white Democrat in HI-01? The GOP bench throughout all of Hawaii is simply pathetic to put it mildly.

A military man could win. Hawaii has great loyalty to the military.
ottermax
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2009, 11:23:24 PM »

Yeah I don't see the accusation. Just think you way overestimate this stuff. And even if I scoffed at Gillibrand, it wasn't due to being white. I also scoffed at the idea that a minority MUST be appointed in order to win the primary. Honestly I doubt even most minorities care about stuff like that, just Al Sharpton types.

And what great GOP candidate can beat a white Democrat in HI-01? The GOP bench throughout all of Hawaii is simply pathetic to put it mildly.

Democrats have tried that strategy a million times and it almost never works to overcome partisan trends. When military men won, it wasn't because their military status was a major factor. The worst case of over-hyping I can recall was in the race to replace Joe Scarborough where people thought running a military D vs. a civilian R would make a difference in FL-1.

FL-1 is more Republican than HI-1 is Democratic.
ottermax
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2009, 11:32:07 PM »

Democrats have tried that strategy a million times and it almost never works to overcome partisan trends. When military men won, it wasn't because their military status was a major factor. The worst case of over-hyping I can recall was in the race to replace Joe Scarborough where people thought running a military D vs. a civilian R would make a difference in FL-1.

FL-1 is more Republican than HI-1 is Democratic.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies