Dow Jones now below 7000. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 02:00:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Economics (Moderator: Torie)
  Dow Jones now below 7000. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Dow Jones now below 7000.  (Read 7892 times)
CultureKing
United States

« on: March 02, 2009, 04:24:54 PM »

I am not going to let Republicans pin this on us. It is clear that the downturn was due to a trend towards de-regulation, that was spearheaded mainly by Republicans (though also approved by Clinton). Bush did little to help with any of this, meanwhile Obama has just taken office and it is WAY too soon to try and put blame him for a downturn that is rooted in the policies of the past. As has been stated before the recovery plan is a long-term solution that likely will not have a significant effect for another 12-18 months or so.
CultureKing
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2009, 03:47:21 PM »

Many Democrats here seem to take the whole crisis and then push the blame to other people. Obama is not responsible for the crisis, true, but the response to it now is 100% Obama's responsiblity and if signs of a recovery don't come or if a recovery comes but brings inflation with it, it will be 100% Obama's fault.

I completely agree. I am just saying that it is annoying when people pin the blame on Obama for where the market is today. Clearly the next year or two will depend completely on him, but I would say that we won't see even the beginning of Obama's effect on the economy for at least a few more months (probably until summer).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies