Stock market now lowest since Oct. 1996 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:20:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Economics (Moderator: Torie)
  Stock market now lowest since Oct. 1996 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Stock market now lowest since Oct. 1996  (Read 8421 times)
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« on: March 03, 2009, 02:10:56 PM »

Isn't that the time when Alan Greenspan called the stock market levels "irrational exuberance"?
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2009, 04:41:36 AM »

A note: the stock market tends to reflect expectations of future cash-flows so it should, at least in theory, be a lot less sensitive to time-lags. While Obama can't be blamed for most other indicators getting worse the stock market is arguably somewhat about what he's done or promised to do.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2009, 05:02:14 PM »

A note: the stock market tends to reflect expectations of future cash-flows so it should, at least in theory, be a lot less sensitive to time-lags. While Obama can't be blamed for most other indicators getting worse the stock market is arguably somewhat about what he's done or promised to do.

What might he have done or promised to do that would have averted the realization of massive losses at blue-chip companies and banks?

If you read my post again you should find both that a) the implicit proposal in your post is fully compatible with what I said and b) it is not really relevant to the point I was making.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies