Ex-Leaders of Countrywide Profit From Bad Loans (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:10:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Economics (Moderator: Torie)
  Ex-Leaders of Countrywide Profit From Bad Loans (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ex-Leaders of Countrywide Profit From Bad Loans  (Read 1388 times)
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« on: March 13, 2009, 12:13:22 AM »

I wonder if people are ever going to go after the mortgage brokers?  You know, the ones that were falsifying documents left and right to get anyone and their mother into loans regardless of their ability to afford them?  Offering loans with introductory rates of 1.9% that reset, like, a month later just to work a loophole?

Anyone?  Anyone?

Of course not.

Btw, who do you think benefits the most from Obama's mortgage plan? 

The loan servicers.  (I hope you didn't say the deadbeat homeowners, lol)

Which means...
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2009, 12:51:39 AM »

Obvious trash. And I don't really understand bailing out homeowners who screwed up. The money would be better spent on things that would have more bang for the buck in terms of stimulating the economy and creating jobs.

As I said in another thread, it is strange times when the extremists, the fruitcakes and the senile have it more right than the normal folks.  We also agree on letting the bad banks fail too, so...

Of course, we disagree on spending the money, mainly because I would prefer to see it not be spent at all (scared, rightfully I might add, of the bond market), so the agreement is not 100%, but still...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies