NY-Rasmussen: Giuliani defeats Gov. Paterson, but Cuomo beats Giuliani
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 11:06:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2010 Elections
  2010 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  NY-Rasmussen: Giuliani defeats Gov. Paterson, but Cuomo beats Giuliani
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NY-Rasmussen: Giuliani defeats Gov. Paterson, but Cuomo beats Giuliani  (Read 3103 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 17, 2009, 12:07:19 AM »

General Election:

Giuliani (R) vs. Paterson (D): 55-33
Cuomo (D) vs. Giuliani (R): 48-41

"Giuliani gets 72% of the Republican vote, but Cuomo wins 73% of Democrats. And, in New York, there are a lot more Democrats than Republicans. But Giuliani maintains a nearly two-to-one edge over Cuomo among unaffiliated voters."

DEM Primary:

Cuomo vs. Paterson: 61-27

Paterson Job Approval Rating:

32% Approve
67% Disapprove

Favorable Ratings:

Paterson: 38% Favorable, 60% Unfavorable
Cuomo: 64% Favorable, 32% Unfavorable
Giuliani: 56% Favorable, 39% Unfavorable

This statewide telephone survey of 800 Likely Voters in New York was conducted by Rasmussen Reports July 14, 2009. The margin of sampling error for the survey is +/- 4 percentage points with a 95% level of confidence.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections2/election_2010/election_2010_governor_elections/new_york/election_2010_new_york_governor_election
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2009, 12:13:37 AM »

LOL, I wonder how the Paterson v. Giuliani county map will look according to this.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2009, 12:22:42 AM »

Wow. David Paterson is really unpopular.
pogo stick
JewishConservative
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2009, 05:25:46 PM »

PLEASE let Paterson stick around and run.

Yes, please!

Go Rudy! Best Mayor NYC Will EVER Have!
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2009, 08:41:21 PM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De_Witt_Clinton
President Mitt
Giovanni
Samoa

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2009, 09:53:25 PM »

PLEASE let Paterson stick around and run.

Yes, please!

Go Rudy! Best Mayor NYC Will EVER Have!

With a PM score like that, im surprised you'd even spit on Rudy.

But Rudy is my favorite for the 2012 nomination.

Even if it will never,ever,ever,ever,ever happen. Sad
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2009, 05:35:16 PM »

We get it already. What is this the 40th NY poll already and the election is 15 months away!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2009, 09:38:58 PM »

I'd like to see Rudy run, but I'd rather him be President. I can't see him winning NY Governors race if it appears he would use it as a springboard to the GOP primaries. He'd have to start running the moment he took office.

Although he'd probably never win a GOP primary with the current state of the GOP.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2009, 09:46:06 PM »

I'd like to see Rudy run, but I'd rather him be President. I can't see him winning NY Governors race if it appears he would use it as a springboard to the GOP primaries. He'd have to start running the moment he took office.

Although he'd probably never win a GOP primary with the current state of the GOP.

Now you're exaggerating.  Of course he would win a primary in NY.

Wait, what are you talking about?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2009, 09:54:24 PM »

No, a national primary. We've lost too many moderates that he would need to win. If it was a Giuliani v. Huckabee battle, Huck would win without a problem.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2009, 10:07:43 PM »

No, a national primary. We've lost too many moderates that he would need to win. If it was a Giuliani v. Huckabee battle, Huck would win without a problem.

Well, it would probably be competitive.  Giuliani just needs to run a campaign that isn't an utter disaster like last time.  With the right resources, anything is possible.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2009, 10:29:32 PM »

Well, it would probably be competitive.  Giuliani just needs to run a campaign that isn't an utter disaster like last time.  With the right resources, anything is possible.

Well, it was inexcusable that he finished behind Huckabee in a state like New Hampshire, but Iowa was pretty predictable. The collapses in Michigan and Nevada were not, though.
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2009, 10:46:34 PM »

I am hoping that both Cuomo and Giuliani win their party nominations.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2009, 12:44:52 AM »

Well, it was inexcusable that he finished behind Huckabee in a state like New Hampshire, but Iowa was pretty predictable. The collapses in Michigan and Nevada were not, though.

Huckabee campaigned in NH and Giuliani did not.  It's as simple as that.

He also ran an inept campaign that should really be going in the Guiness Book of World Records (for putridness of course).
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2009, 01:13:06 AM »

Huckabee campaigned in NH and Giuliani did not.  It's as simple as that.

He also ran an inept campaign that should really be going in the Guiness Book of World Records (for putridness of course).

Giuliani spent the most money in NH behind Romney, I believe. He was polling in second until Huckabee won the Iowa caucuses and McCain began surging. I do agree that with McCain out of the race in 2012, Rudy could do much better. He took a huge chunk of his support when he won New Hampshire which translated into a mass migration to McCain following that contest.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2009, 01:19:34 AM »

Or this RINO.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiorello_H._La_Guardia
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2009, 06:26:01 AM »

Giuliani spent the most money in NH behind Romney, I believe. He was polling in second until Huckabee won the Iowa caucuses and McCain began surging.

McCain passed Giuliani for second place in NH a good four weeks before Iowa:

http://www.pollster.com/polls/nh/08-nh-rep-pres-primary.php
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2009, 02:19:01 PM »

Rudy presidential run raised almost $65 million. Lack of "the right resources" had nothing to do with his campaign being an epic fail. That was based in both the innate conservatism of the GOP primary electorate, combined with a downright crappy campaign strategy.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies