LA-Sen (R2k/Daily Kos): Vitter ahead, but not by a lot (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:11:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2010 Elections
  LA-Sen (R2k/Daily Kos): Vitter ahead, but not by a lot (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: LA-Sen (R2k/Daily Kos): Vitter ahead, but not by a lot  (Read 6806 times)
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« on: March 11, 2009, 08:27:12 AM »

I wonder the same. But if 2008 is any indication, the Democratic wave is slowly but surely seeping its way into the South with the Senate wins of Mark Warner in Virginia and Kay Hagan in North Carolina.

What we see more in 2008 is the bifurcartion of the South between those states that have seen huge in-migration from the northeast and midwest, and which have diverse economies, from the rest of the south.

I exclude Florida and Texas from any considerations here because they are so big and diverse to begin with. Given the rest of the South, you have Virginia and North Carolina on one hand, and to a lesser extent South Carolina and Georgia, vs. AL/MS/LA/AR/TN/KY. In the former states, we saw swings to Obama and Congressional Dems on Election Day based on the Obama coalition. In the other states, the white vote stayed put or shifted even more Republican, and Congressional wins came in spite of Obama's winning coalition or were denied.

This is a long way of saying that Kay Hagen offers no hope or model to Louisiana that I can see.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies