… Obama vs. Limbaugh?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:17:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  … Obama vs. Limbaugh?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: … Obama vs. Limbaugh?  (Read 8782 times)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2009, 02:03:12 PM »

I really don't think Limbaugh would lose by a ridiculous amount. It all depends on what happens during the Obama administration, and whether or not he campaigns non-stop through his first term like he has been doing.

Obama/Biden: 423
Limbaugh/Romney: 115

Popular Vote
Obama: 56%
Limbaugh:42%
Other:2%

Four49
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.42, S: -8.09

« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2009, 08:38:28 PM »

Biggest ass whooping in U.S. history.

The only way Rush will ever be POTUS, is if someone's dumb enough to put him in charge of Homeland Security and the 15 people ahead of him in line die at the same time.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2009, 08:45:27 PM »

Obama makes history as the first Presidential candidate to win by more than 80% in any state (Hawaii) and comes close in another (77% in Rhode Island).
[/quote]

In 1932, 36, 40, and 44, FDR won MS and SC by more than 90%.  In 1932, he also won LA and GA by more than 80%.
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2009, 09:00:15 PM »

Obama would landslide the Josef Stalin of the American Right

Dave

Now, that's an insult for Stalin.

Limbaugh, disgusting as he is, hasn't killed anybody.
bhouston79
Rookie

« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2009, 09:11:57 PM »

Electoral Vote

Obama      522
Limbaugh    16

Popular Vote

Obama       64%
Limbaugh   35%
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2009, 12:01:55 AM »

Obama makes history as the first Presidential candidate to win by more than 80% in any state (Hawaii) and comes close in another (77% in Rhode Island).

In 1932, 36, 40, and 44, FDR won MS and SC by more than 90%.  In 1932, he also won LA and GA by more than 80%.
[/quote]

Most Southern elections of the time would not now qualify as free elections (racial exclusions, property qualifications  that most people couldn't meet).
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2009, 01:19:29 PM »

Most Southern elections of the time would not now qualify as free elections (racial exclusions, property qualifications  that most people couldn't meet).
[/quote]

Outside of the south, here are some other 80%+ performances:

1964 Rhode Island - 80.87% (Johnson)
1896 Colorado - 84.95% (Jennings)
1896 Nevada - 81.21% (Jennings)
1896 Utah - 82.70% (Jennings)
1896 Vermont - 80.08% (McKinley)

(may not count....)
1824 Maine - 81.50% (JQ Adams)
1824 New Hampshire - 93.59% (JQ Adams)
1824 Rhode Island - 91.47% (JQ Adams)
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2009, 01:48:27 PM »

Obama/Biden (D): 517
Limbaugh/Toomey (R-Convention nominee/Conservative): 8
Huntsman/Steele (I/R in some states): 13

markwils
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.84, S: -4.09

« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2009, 05:13:18 PM »

Obama/Biden- 409
Limbaugh/? - 129

Limbaugh wouldn't have a chance. Wink
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2009, 12:22:35 AM »

I'd go Obama (D) vs. Limbaugh (R) vs. Bloomberg (I)

Results:

Obama: 394
Limbaugh: 73
Bloomberg: 71
the artist formerly known as catmusic
catmusic
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.16, S: -7.91

P
« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2009, 10:00:45 PM »

pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2009, 12:16:28 PM »

Obama would probably lose two potential constituencies: bullies and abusers of prescription drugs.
Coburn In 2012

« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2009, 03:01:44 PM »

Alright. Let's get to it.…

2012 presidential election:
Barack Obama (D-Illinois), the incumbent vs. Rush Limbaugh (R-Missouri), the challenger.

What will the results of the electoral map look like?

Limbaugh is a really intelligent man and unlike the liberal talkers who just whine and play victim he suggests real solutions to problems.  Even so why would we go with a guy who has a checked past with drugs (assuming the liberal media told the truth about that -- and that's a BIG assumtion.) and three marriages? 

We would do way better with an experienced politician like Jim Demint, Mitt Romney, Mike Huckabee, John Thune or my favorite choice-  Tom Coburn.  Any of them would be superior to Rush.

But to answer your question ------ after four years of TOTAL FAIL by the worst president in US history, our most mediocre candidate will soar. 

Before anyone calls this a hack map be sure to consider the reality that Obama is ing things up at an exponential (i think that's the right word) rate.

Heres how I see it

Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2009, 03:03:59 PM »

Barack Obama (D-Illinois), the incumbent vs. Rush Limbaugh (R-Missouri), the challenger.

Limbaugh is a really intelligent man and unlike the liberal talkers who just whine and play victim he suggests real solutions to problems.  Even so why would we go with a guy who has a checked past with drugs (assuming the liberal media told the truth about that -- and that's a BIG assumtion.) and three marriages? 

We would do way better with an experienced politician like Jim Demint, Mitt Romney, Mike Huckabee, John Thune or my favorite choice-  Tom Coburn.  Any of them would be superior to Rush.

But to answer your question ------ after four years of TOTAL FAIL by the worst president in US history, our most mediocre candidate will soar. 

Before anyone calls this a hack map be sure to consider the reality that Obama is ing things up at an exponential (i think that's the right word) rate.

Heres how I see it

And just when we were talking about drug abusers...
Coburn In 2012

« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2009, 03:17:25 PM »

Heres how I see it

And just when we were talking about drug abusers...

Oh.  Yeah.  hahahaha...i get it now.  I am on drugs because I believe Obama is proving to be the EPIC failure I predicted he would be.  And because I believe the voters- after four years of this - will see that.  Yeah, very funny.

Hmmm...either that or you have nothing intelligent to offer so you are reduced to snappy come backs like "your on drugs" or "you escaped from the loony bin".  Your debating skills are much to be feared!
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2009, 10:02:12 PM »

Intelligence isn't enough. By all accounts, Josef Stalin was an intelligent man.  

The abuse of prescription pain-killers is a "there-but-for-the-grace-of-God-go-I" matter. For good reason narcotics of any kind are strictly regulated. Before he got hooked on them Limbaugh was a strident opponent of drug use and a proponent of harsh punishments for drug offenders. Once he got hooked on them he bullied his maid into getting him oxycontin from the Street.

Leona Helmsley went to a federal prison for tax fraud -- but what got her into huge trouble (aside from her contention that "only the little people pay taxes") was that she bullied accountants (whom she treated with the usual respect that aristocrats show to "hired help") into cheating on her behalf just to keep their jobs. 

Nobody "has" a drug habit; a drug habit owns the addict.

Druggie and bully -- are you serious? Better than Charles Manson, I suppose, but I'd never vote for a bully or a drug addict for President.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Demint? Far to the right of mainstream America. Coburn? likewise.  Thune? Imaginable compromise candidate in a brokered convention.. unlikely to raise enthusiasm.  They excite the base of the Party but little else.

That was not enough to get John Kerry, as mediocre a Presidential candidate as there could be, to defeat Dubya.  If you think that Obama can be defeated because of his ideology, then remember that many liberals said much the same about Ronald Reagan. Obama's political skills are much those of Ronald Reagan.

Humbug!
Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -9.39

« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2009, 10:40:28 PM »

The President wins 455-83

Oklahoma narrowly beats Nebraska-3 in a hard-fought "race to the bottom," giving Limbaugh 61.2 percent of the vote against 60.8 percent in the latter. In a referendum held the same day, a majority of Oklahomans also vote to rename their home the "Retard State."
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -8.00

« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2009, 11:34:28 PM »

Obama vs Limbaugh vs Bloomberg vs Gonzales:

This is if Obama gets terrible approval ratings and the nation is still mired in the recession.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #43 on: May 02, 2009, 08:36:05 AM »

Obama vs Limbaugh vs Bloomberg vs Gonzales:

This is if Obama gets terrible approval ratings and the nation is still mired in the recession.

Since no one even reached 200 EV's, it would go to the House for the vote. Given the conditions you stated, I assume Republicans have control???
the artist formerly known as catmusic
catmusic
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.16, S: -7.91

P
« Reply #44 on: May 12, 2009, 07:01:31 PM »
« Edited: May 12, 2009, 07:05:48 PM by catmusic »

Here is my guess:

How could Limbaugh do better?
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #45 on: May 13, 2009, 10:10:03 AM »

He'd win Idaho
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #46 on: May 13, 2009, 10:34:47 AM »

Limbaugh has a 19% approval rating. 538-0, no question. Landslides do happen in cases like this.
Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -9.39

« Reply #47 on: May 13, 2009, 11:23:06 AM »

Limbaugh has a 19% approval rating. 538-0, no question. Landslides do happen in cases like this.

It'd probably be like LBJ in his prime against an obese, drug-abusing Goldwater.
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #48 on: May 13, 2009, 07:14:51 PM »

Limbaugh would win Oklahoma and Alabama, even if he lost the popular vote by something ridiculous like 68-32 (which he probably would)
CJK
United States

« Reply #49 on: May 27, 2009, 08:23:05 PM »

Update: New poll

Oklahoma favors Limbaugh's plans over Obama 56%-44%, even 29% of Democrats agree.

http://publicpolicypolling.blogspot.com/2009/05/obama-not-doing-too-well-in-oklahoma.html
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies