NC poll (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:48:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Polls
  NC poll (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NC poll  (Read 10895 times)
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« on: February 26, 2004, 11:23:21 PM »

Well, that's the first poll I've ever seen, at least since Kerry became the frontrunner anyway, that showed Kerry running worse against Bush than Edwards. Every other poll has shown Kerry running better.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2004, 11:49:36 PM »

Duh, I failed to notice that the topic of this thread was "NC poll". My bad. I thought this poll was for the entire country.

In that case, I fail to see why Republicans are touting it as good. Kerry is doing better than Gore in NC...yeah, Edwards would be stronger in the South. But I still don't think he'd win much in the South, and Kerry has other strengths which help him with swing voters in the swing states--greater experience, a military record, etc. Also, he has much more money and by not taking the primary matching funds, he won't be hamstrung while Bush spends freely. Bush would have far more money than Edwards for this reason and would rip him to shreds while Edwards would be unable to raise the money to defend himself.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2004, 12:47:24 AM »

Yes, but I think that Kerry has a better chance in states such as New Hampshire, Ohio, Missouri, and Nevada than Edwards does. Edwards would have a better chance in North Carolina, Arkansas, and possibly West Virginia and Florida.

Overall I think that Kerry's money and experience are more important than Edwards's charisma and geographic advantage. I can see how one would argue otherwise, but I'd say that in a post-9/11 world, Kerry's military record and greater foreign policy experience are more of an asset. If 9/11 had never happened, I would say that Edwards would be a stronger nominee than Kerry.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies