NC poll (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:02:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Polls
  NC poll (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NC poll  (Read 10893 times)
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: February 27, 2004, 06:41:56 PM »

I think the key here is really Ohio. If Bush takes Florida in November, Ohio is essentially a must-win for the Democrats. Talk about piecing it together with NH, NV, and WV while holding IA, WS and NM is very speculative - a big state like Ohio gives room for error.

And in Ohio, it would seem that Edwards has the edge. The jobs issue is strong, and the southern, Appalachian region of the state will feel more comfortable with a southern candidate. If he can win this state on Tuesday, I think he gains critical momentum.

I think we're forgetting that Dems will probably have a better turnout then republicans this time around.  Democrats I know are PISSED.  IA and WI have a good number of dem voters, I don't think hanging on to those 2 states will be a problem.  NM will be tough.  I really think Kerry has to just pick up Ohio, and it really shouldn't be THAT hard.  The job loss there is tremendous.  A little more bad news for Bush and Ohio is going into my strong Kerry category.  
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2004, 04:58:15 PM »

Yes WalterMinty, you hit it right on the head. It seems that the entire media is overlooking the fact that Edwards isnt popular in his home state. There is absolutely no doubt he would lose re-election in nc.

I think if everyone knew about Edwards being unpopular in his home state, they'd be like........WTF?!  
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies