Delegates, please sign in here (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 07:39:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Constitutional Convention (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Delegates, please sign in here (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Delegates, please sign in here  (Read 22793 times)
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« on: March 11, 2009, 11:45:05 PM »

Hmmm... It's not clear to me how the Pacific's selection system works. It may be 5-seat STV, or it may be 5-seat/5-vote FPTP.

If it's 5-seat STV, Ogis was elected to the Convention (by virtue of Lunar and CultureKing having no first preferences), but he is eliminated for being ineligible as a banned user and so CultureKing narrowly edges out Lunar. Bgwah, Marokai, Meeker and MaxQue are elected in this circumstance. (I think, not certain on quite how it would work, Lunar might edge MaxQue despite having no first preferences.)

But, If it's 5-seat/5-vote FPTP, Bgwah, Meeker, Lunar and Marokai are elected with CultureKing and MaxQue tied.

We also have the fact than Lunar said he will perhaps refuse to be seated if a more active person than him would enter in the Convention by doing that.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2009, 11:58:40 PM »

Hmmm... It's not clear to me how the Pacific's selection system works. It may be 5-seat STV, or it may be 5-seat/5-vote FPTP.

If it's 5-seat STV, Ogis was elected to the Convention (by virtue of Lunar and CultureKing having no first preferences), but he is eliminated for being ineligible as a banned user and so CultureKing narrowly edges out Lunar. Bgwah, Marokai, Meeker and MaxQue are elected in this circumstance. (I think, not certain on quite how it would work, Lunar might edge MaxQue despite having no first preferences.)

But, If it's 5-seat/5-vote FPTP, Bgwah, Meeker, Lunar and Marokai are elected with CultureKing and MaxQue tied.

We also have the fact than Lunar said he will perhaps refuse to be seated if a more active person than him would enter in the Convention by doing that.

True, but that's his decision, not one of the electoral officials.

I know, but that can be the cause of another change.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2009, 12:04:28 AM »

That would, however, require another election. Lunar cannot simply refuse to be elected, he must be elected and refuse to serve.

Not if he is considered like a write-in. After all, he didn't vote for himself and he was unclear in his candidacy declaration.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2009, 11:27:29 PM »

X MaxQue
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies