Presiding Officer Nominations/Election Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:28:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Constitutional Convention (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Presiding Officer Nominations/Election Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Presiding Officer Nominations/Election Thread  (Read 5462 times)
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« on: March 16, 2009, 08:45:34 PM »

Though we have no procedure for it, how do we go about handling this?  It appears Verily will accept the nomination many have given him and that no one wishes to oppose him.

Here are what I think are our options:
1.) Hold a nomination and vote period
2.) Name Verily PO and ask for any objections, and if any are raised a vote will be held
3.) Write-in: _________
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2009, 02:00:32 PM »

I second the nomination of Smid, the PO of a convention should be a person with a personal vendetta against the largest party in Atlasia.  I look forward to getting beyond the grudges, but certainly do not wish to give Afleitch the PO position.

Note, I do not request that the PO even been someone ideologically compatiable, or even someone I get along with.  I was perfectly fine with Verily.  I only request, and I assume most other delegates from party do as well, that the PO be someone not named Lewis, Al, or Afleitch
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2009, 05:20:36 PM »

I'll be supporting Purple State
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2009, 06:08:01 PM »

It'd be a mistake to not consider Afleitch just because he's not here this week. I think he'll be back this weekend....I think we can wait that long to see if he even has any interest.

Not to say that Purple State would in any way be negative...but for somebody that wants to "keep all options" open regarding this convention....it should only be fair that we wait.
I disagree, the convention needs to get under way and secondly Afletich's vendetta against the RPP isn't going to be over.  Franzl, it would be quite hypocritical of you to criticize me for being overly partisan for thinking that my own party would vote for me, but not criticize Afleitch for having a vendetta against my party that he has spoken about ad naseum.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies