Presiding Officer Nominations/Election Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:12:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Constitutional Convention (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Presiding Officer Nominations/Election Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Presiding Officer Nominations/Election Thread  (Read 5454 times)
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: March 17, 2009, 03:37:40 PM »

I hate to cut this short, but I'm not going to be able to accept a nomination for the position of Presiding Officer after all. Details will be posted relatively soon.

Details: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=93865.0

Very many congratulations Verily. Definitely a cause worth more than the forum.

Congratulations Verily, that's amazing news. Smiley

Since Verily will be unable to hold and exercise the position, what are the other degates' opinion of Purple State holding the position?

While I thank you for the shout-out Marokai, I am not currently a delegate of this convention and it would take widespread consensus among the delegates for me to consider that (if it's even allowed).
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2009, 03:04:45 PM »

I second the nomination of Smid, the PO of a convention should be a person with a personal vendetta against the largest party in Atlasia.  I look forward to getting beyond the grudges, but certainly do not wish to give Afleitch the PO position.

Note, I do not request that the PO even been someone ideologically compatiable, or even someone I get along with.  I was perfectly fine with Verily.  I only request, and I assume most other delegates from party do as well, that the PO be someone not named Lewis, Al, or Afleitch

I do think you need to let what goes on outside of this Convention remain wholly separate from what goes on in here. As far as the Convention is concerned there are no parties or regions among participants. It is just those trying to build the best proposal for a new Atlasia. Choose someone who will be effective, calm, and efficient. Someone with good ideas.

I want to thank you and Marokai for your confidence. After that glowing commendation I will accept your nomination for presiding officer of the Convention.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2009, 10:31:08 AM »

I would recommend the delegates start on the voting (if someone could open a booth or we could just leave it in this thread). This thread is beginning to move beyond nominations and into discussions of partisanship, etc.

Just to make it easier, I believe the nominees are:

Smid
Afeltch
Purple State

Or voting can just start in here. Rank your top two choices, keep voting open for 72 hours.

Any objections?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies