Did Methuselah really live to be almost a millenium old? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 02:26:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Did Methuselah really live to be almost a millenium old? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Did Methuselah really live to be almost a millenium old?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 23

Author Topic: Did Methuselah really live to be almost a millenium old?  (Read 7280 times)
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: March 24, 2009, 07:04:25 PM »

The real question is...

When did he get his AARP card?  Was he 50 or did he have to wait until he was 325?

Damn straight! I don't want to have to pay for someone's Social Security for 800 years, instead of 20 or 30....though in all honesty, it might be pretty boss to have a retirement that long.

The question I have for all of you how ask this question is- Does it matter?

But to answer your question... he might have...but its very unlikely. The MOST likely solution instead of this being literal or this being totally fabricated would be that they were really a dynasty of people that beget another important dynasty of people way later....and when someone is said to have had a child, it was really the ultimate ancestor of what would eventually become the next bloodline... though I believe that the story of Ab(ra)ham is true...I mean, at least it is in the realm of physical reality... unless, of course, the people between Adam and Noah was the entire Atlantis thing where people had really good life extending drugs...and the entire fact that maximium lifespans may soon start to increase may mean that we are either entering the end times or perhaps a new time revelations.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2009, 03:32:35 PM »

I don't care that something is really improbable...and there are probably explainations that make things that are impossible just really improbable. The main problem that I have with a lot of these miracles is that the descriptive universe doesn't allow for these things to occur. However, I believe in these miracles because it is likely that there was a catalyst that allowed for them to occur...God does the impossible, but God needs people and certain circumstances (which he programmed to happen from the Big Bang) to make these impossible things so. That's why God calls upon us to work in his kingdom.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies